Andy Williams, the crooner best known for his version of Oscar-winning song "Moon River" from "Breakfast at Tiffany's," has passed away at the age of 84, his publicist announced Wednesday (Sept. 26). Williams died after a battle with bladder cancer in his Branson-area home.
Williams began performing on various variety shows in the 1950s, including "The Jonathan Winters Show" and "The Dick Clark Show," finally getting his own show, "The Andy Williams Show," in 1957, which lasted until 1971 in various formats.
Williams was born in Wall Lake, Iowa in 1927 and began first performing with his three older brothers in church. The singing quartet landed a regular spot on Des Moines' Who radio and were quickly discovered by Hollywood.
Over the years, Williams became known for his annual Christmas special and his recording of "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" has been used in everything from "Home Alone 2" to "Bad Santa."
Similar News ItemsBad Santa (2003)
- 2017 Fall Movie Preview: Everything You Need to See (From MovieWeb. 3 September 2017, 2:41 PM, PDT)
- Glenn Ficarra and John Requa to write and direct Dceu Joker and Harley Quinn film (From Flickeringmyth. 24 August 2017, 12:35 AM, PDT)
- Joker and Harley Quinn live action movie on the way (From Den of Geek. 23 August 2017, 8:09 PM, PDT)
Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)
- All the Ways You Can Be Audrey Hepburn For Halloween (From Popsugar. 17 August 2017, 5:30 AM, PDT)
- How Audrey Hepburn Maintained Her Famously Slim Figure (From Entertainment Tonight. 16 August 2017, 10:51 AM, PDT)
- 'Game of Thrones': Emilia Clarke, the Queen of Dragons, Tells All (From Rolling Stone. 28 June 2017, 5:00 AM, PDT)
Andy Williams (I)
- Shelley Berman, Stand-Up Comic and ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ Actor, Dies at 92 (From Variety - TV News. 1 September 2017, 7:49 AM, PDT)
- Strictly Come Dancing: the semi-final – as it happened (From The Guardian - TV News. 11 December 2016, 12:00 PM, PST)
- To Have and Have Not (From Trailers from Hell. 10 July 2016, 2:53 PM, PDT)