Last season, How I Met Your Mother saw a resurgence in ratings that got CBS thinking about ordering another season or two. Some of the TV series' stars (Alyson Hannigan, Cobie Smulders, Jason Segel, Josh Radnor, and Neil Patrick Harris) have talked about moving on after season eight but you never know. If the ratings remain high, the network and studio could be very persuasive.
Below are the TV show's ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if How I Met Your Mother will be cancelled or renewed for a ninth season.
These figures will be updated as the weeks progress so be sure to bookmark and return to this page:
Final season averages: 3.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 8.31 million total viewers.
Episode 08-24: Monday, 05/13/13
3.4 in the demo »
Similar News Items"How I Met Your Mother" (2005)
- Sundance: (Very) Early Oscar Buzz for Jason Segel’s Portrayal of David Foster Wallace (From Vulture. 24 January 2015, 9:09 AM, PST)
- Review: 'The End of the Tour' sees Jason Segel do right by David Foster Wallace (From Hitfix. 24 January 2015, 1:36 AM, PST)
- New international poster for Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 (From Flickeringmyth. 23 January 2015, 8:18 AM, PST)
Neil Patrick Harris
- Blog: Why How I Met Your Mother is a tribute to Bollywood (From Bollyspice. 24 January 2015, 1:11 AM, PST)
- Alec Baldwin Inks Memoir Deal (From The Wrap. 23 January 2015, 2:51 PM, PST)
- The Academy Reveals New Oscars Posters (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 22 January 2015, 7:30 PM, PST)
- Sundance: Bidding War Over Rick Famuyiwa’s ‘Dope’ With Buyers at $7 Million (From The Wrap. 25 January 2015, 12:01 PM, PST)
- The End of the Tour (From Scorecard Review. 25 January 2015, 10:18 AM, PST)
- Sundance 2015: 'Mississippi Grind' and 'The End of the Tour' are two for the road (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 25 January 2015, 9:00 AM, PST)