Legendary singer Andy Williams has passed away after a year-long battle with cancer. He was 84.
His rep confirmed to Et that Williams died Tuesday night at his home in Branson, Missouri, from complications related to bladder cancer.
Related: Stars Who Passed Away in 2011
The famous crooner rose to fame in the mid '50s and during his career made a remarkable 18 gold and three platinum albums. He hosted the variety TV program The Andy Williams Show from 1962 to 1971, as well as many more specials. Williams -- whose hit Moon River became his signature song -- was also owner of the Moon River Theatre in Branson, Missouri.
He is survived by his wife Debbie and his three children, Robert, Noelle and Christian. In lieu of flowers, the family has asked that donations be made to the Bladder Cancer Advocacy Network
The Osmond family released this statemement: "We will be forever grateful for the interactions we had with him »
Similar News ItemsNeil Armstrong (I)
- The inherent oddness of Michael Bay’s Transformers films (From Den of Geek. 24 August 2016, 9:41 AM, PDT)
- On this day: Hemingway, Falconetti, Clueless, Dunkirk (From FilmExperience. 21 July 2016, 7:21 AM, PDT)
- 39 years ago today: Comic-Con welcomed stormtroopers to the nerd Mecca for the first time (From Hitfix. 20 July 2016, 7:00 AM, PDT)
Andy Williams (I)
- To Have and Have Not (From Trailers from Hell. 10 July 2016, 2:53 PM, PDT)
- "Bridge of Spies," "Carol" Lead BAFTA Nominations! Where's "Mad Max?" What About "Star Wars?" (From Manny the Movie Guy. 9 January 2016, 10:59 AM, PST)
- Sci-Fi & Fantasy Films Get Respect At BAFTAs, Golden Globes (From Famous Monsters of Filmland. 8 January 2016, 12:13 PM, PST)
Days of Wine and Roses (1962)
- Piper Laurie: The Hollywood Interview (From The Hollywood Interview. 9 June 2016, 11:42 AM, PDT)
- Cowboy (From Trailers from Hell. 27 February 2016, 12:12 PM, PST)
- Best Original Song Nominees Lady Gaga & Diane Warren Tackle Social Issues, Follow in Footsteps of Previous Winners (From Scott Feinberg. 28 January 2016, 6:00 AM, PST)