Destroy the Brain attended the World Premiere of Frankenweenie at Fantastic Fest Thursday night and we are proud to bring you our review of the film in advance of its Theatrical Premiere.
Frankenweenie has been the brainchild of Tim Burton for decades. Originally a live action short, Burton has now adapted & fleshed out the film with the help of screenwriter John August into a feature length stop-motion film. It’s funny how this film is now one of Disney’s tentpole releases this year when the original short film was a rejected short from Disney due to thinking it was too morbid.
Victor Frankenstein is a young kid who doesn’t have a lot of friends but seems fine with that because his closest friend is his dog Sparky. While his parents seem to think that Victor’s closed off relationship with other kids seem odd, they obviously haven’t »
- Andy Triefenbach
Similar News ItemsTim Burton (I)
- Top 10 dogs on film (From Cineplex. 26 August 2016, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Sam Mendes In Talks For Live-Action James And The Giant Peach Movie (From LatinoReview. 26 August 2016, 7:04 AM, PDT)
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney’s Live-Action ‘James and the Giant Peach’ (From Variety - Film News. 25 August 2016, 5:43 PM, PDT)
John August (I)
- Steve Guttenberg Defends Bill Clinton’s Love of the ‘Police Academy’ Movies (From Indiewire. 30 July 2016, 12:50 PM, PDT)
- ‘Big Fish’ & ‘Charlie And The Chocolate Factory’ Scribe John August Signs 3-Book Deal (From Deadline. 19 July 2016, 1:14 PM, PDT)
- From ‘The Bfg’ to ‘Matilda’: How 5 Roald Dahl Books Landed on the Big Screen (From Variety - Film News. 29 June 2016, 4:19 PM, PDT)
Vincent Price (I)
- August 23rd Blu-ray & DVD Releases Include The Walking Dead Season 6 & Ash Vs Evil Dead Season 1 (From DailyDead. 22 August 2016, 6:07 PM, PDT)
- Q&A: Mark Steger Discusses Bringing The Monster to Life on Netflix’s Stranger Things (From DailyDead. 20 August 2016, 11:27 AM, PDT)
- Roger Corman: 5 Reasons He’s Optimistic About the Film World and His Legacy (From Indiewire. 12 August 2016, 8:30 AM, PDT)