"Battlestar Galactica" show runner and "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" producer Ron Moore is developing a TV series adaptation of Brian Helgeland's 2001 medieval romantic adventure flick "A Knight's Tale" for Sony Pictures TV and ABC says Deadline.
The original film starred Heath Ledger as William Thatcher, a medieval peasant masquerading as a knight and competing in tournaments, along the way meeting real life figures like The Black Prince (James Purefoy) and poet Geoffrey Chaucer (Paul Bettany).
Despite the setting, the film was full of anachronistic touches such as the jousting crowds doing a rendition of Queen's "We Will Rock You". It scored good reviews, solid box-office and helped shoot Ledger to stardom.
- Garth Franklin
Similar News Items"Battlestar Galactica" (2004)
- Exclusive First Look: Meet the Cast of Helix — Plus Our Advice for the Syfy Thriller's Characters (From TVLine.com. 18 December 2013, 7:10 AM, PST)
- Syfy’s New Show ‘Helix’ Gets Some Explosive Promo Material (From The Hollywood News. 17 December 2013, 5:56 AM, PST)
- Worthington Stars In "Gallipoli" Mini-Series (From Dark Horizons. 16 December 2013, 6:53 AM, PST)
- Is Joaquin Phoenix the Villain in 'Batman vs. Superman'? (From Moviefone. 18 December 2013, 12:00 PM, PST)
- Joaquin Phoenix Wanted For Main Villain (Lex Luthor?) Role In Batman Vs Superman (From ComicBookMovie. 18 December 2013, 11:02 AM, PST)
- Brittany Murphy’s Death: Second Lab Report Contributes To Murder Claim (From HollywoodLife. 18 December 2013, 10:47 AM, PST)
- New Transcendence Photos Of Johnny Depp, Morgan Freeman And Cillian Murphy (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 17 December 2013, 5:46 PM, PST)
- films to stream: Us week of Dec 17 (From FlickFilosopher. 17 December 2013, 1:53 PM, PST)
- films to stream: UK week of Dec 16 (From FlickFilosopher. 17 December 2013, 12:13 PM, PST)