Former NFL star Chad Johnson has reached a plea agreement to resolve his misdemeanor domestic violence charge and was sentenced to probation and counseling.
The agreement approved Friday by a judge in Broward County, Fl requires Johnson, 34, to complete a one-year probation, attend domestic violence counseling courses and pay unspecified restitution for medical costs to his ex-wife, Evelyn Lozada. Johnson pleaded no contest to the charge.
Johnson was charged with misdemeanor domestic violence after being arrested August 11 at his Florida home that he shared with Lozada. Officers were called to the home after an argument during which Lozada suffered a laceration on her forehead. She was treated at a nearby hospital and Johnson was taken to the Broward County Jail.
Video: Chad Johnson 911 Call
Lozada -- who had been married to Johnson since July 4 -- quickly filed for divorce after the incident and the divorce was finalized earlier this week »
Similar News ItemsChad Johnson (IV)
- The Bachelorette's Chad Johnson, Malika Haqq and More Celebs Join Famously Single Season 2 Cast: Get the Scoop! (From E! Online. 2 November 2016, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- 'There Will Be Chad': Tears and Fights Dominate Bachelorette: Men Tell All Sneak Peek (From PEOPLE.com. 21 July 2016, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- The Bachelorette's Chad Johnson Strips Down and Fields Steroid Accusations from Erectile Dysfunction Specialist Evan Bass (From PEOPLE.com. 6 June 2016, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Celeb Jeweler Jason of Beverly Hills Now Branding Famous Husbands (Photos) (From TMZ. 4 January 2017, 8:48 AM, PST)
- Evelyn Lozada -- Opens Up About Dom. Violence Incident ... 'It Stays with you Forever' (Video) (From TMZ. 7 December 2016, 6:37 AM, PST)
- Evelyn Lozada Reveals She’s Had Three Miscarriages: ‘I’m Struggling’ to Have Another Baby (From PEOPLE.com. 2 December 2016, 5:25 PM, PST)