Roman Polanski will direct the film version of the Broadway play Venus in Fur, a dark comedy about an actress auditioning before the director of an erotic play.
The show, written by David Ives, earned star Nina Arianda a best actress Tony Award this year for her role as Vanda, a seemingly naïve and desperate actress trying to win over the aloof show director, played by Hugh Dancy. (Both are pictured to the left.)
Polanski, however, has other actors in mind for his film — and a different language, too.
The Chinatown and Rosemary’s Baby director intends to make his Venus in Fur in French, »
- Anthony Breznican
Similar News ItemsRoman Polanski (I)
- French Women’s Groups To Protest César Awards Over Roman Polanski Presidency (From Deadline. 21 January 2017, 1:07 AM, PST)
- Roman Polanski’s Appointment as President of César Awards Angers French Women’s Groups (From Indiewire. 20 January 2017, 4:07 PM, PST)
- Calls to boycott French film awards over Roman Polanski honour (From The Guardian - Film News. 20 January 2017, 6:44 AM, PST)
- ‘The Path’ Creator Says Hulu Let Her Be ‘Really Brave’ in Season 2 (From Variety - TV News. 20 January 2017, 2:00 PM, PST)
- The Path Season 2 Review (From We Got This Covered. 19 January 2017, 9:01 PM, PST)
- ‘The Path’: Nothing Stays Buried in New Key Art and Character Teases For a Twisted Season 2 (From Indiewire. 13 January 2017, 8:13 AM, PST)
- Walk of Fame Honoree Brett Ratner’s Love of Cinema Is a Driving Force in His Career (From Variety - Film News. 19 January 2017, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Photographer and publicity consultant Stanley Bielecki dies aged 91 (From ScreenDaily. 6 January 2017, 1:41 AM, PST)
- Potographer and publicity consultant Stanley Bielecki dies aged 91 (From ScreenDaily. 6 January 2017, 1:41 AM, PST)