The two have always had a charming rapport, so the actress felt comfortable griping about her ill-timed intro. PopEater points out that right after Roberts' name was called in the beginning of the episode, announcer Alan Kalter followed it up with some segment about varicose veins.
"Can I just log a tiny complaint?" Roberts asks. "I'm in the dressing room watching, and in the intro [Kalter says], 'And Tonight -- Julia Roberts!' And then they say, 'A problem with varicose veins?'"
Roberts seemed to brush it off, but then brought it up again when Letterman asks her about a possible sequel to "Pretty Woman." (Sidenote: really?)
"Not with these varicose veins," she answers. Hopefully not with the killer legs she has, either.
A few other »
Similar News ItemsJulia Roberts (I)
- ‘Boyhood’ Tops Gotham Award Nominations (From The Wrap. 23 October 2014, 8:41 AM, PDT)
- Hollywood Film Awards Announce 18 Categories for First Live Broadcast (From The Wrap. 22 October 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Meryl Streep's Set to Sing Off-Key (& Other News) (From FilmExperience. 22 October 2014, 7:13 AM, PDT)
- CBS’ ‘Late Late Show’ with James Corden To Debut March 9 From L.A. (From Variety - TV News. 23 October 2014, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Watch: This 20-Minute Video Collection Of 1983 Network And Cable TV Show Intros Is Amazing (From The Playlist. 23 October 2014, 8:19 AM, PDT)
- Zelda Williams Gets New Tattoo In Memory of Father Robin Williams (From Entertainment Tonight. 23 October 2014, 5:04 AM, PDT)
"Late Show with David Letterman" (1993)
- Digital Audience Ratings: Foo Fighters Launch ‘Letterman,’ ‘The Little Couple’ Has a Giant Week (From Variety - TV News. 21 October 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- David Letterman's Cue Card Man Fired for Colleague Clash (From Moviefone. 20 October 2014, 5:40 AM, PDT)
- Tony Mendez, 'The Late Show With David Letterman' 'Card Guy,' Fired After Scuffle With Writer Bill Scheft (From Uinterview. 19 October 2014, 9:00 PM, PDT)