When Penélope Cruz was shooting Twice Born – in which she plays an unhappily infertile academic – she was still breastfeeding her own young son. For some scenes, her character shares the screen with a rolling cast of newborns, swapped once they grew too big.
"Some of these babies were only a week old. And so they were smelling me and that made them want to eat. But I was playing a woman who couldn't feed because she hadn't given birth! That created a very strange but alive dynamic between me and those babies. You cannot learn something like that. And this film is full of moments that could not be planned."
Cruz leans forward, black trousers tapering to huge nude stilettos. »
- Catherine Shoard
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- 'Room', 'The Big Short' to bookend Dubai fest (From ScreenDaily. 25 November 2015, 5:23 AM, PST)
- Who Is the Cutest Couple of 2015? (From Popsugar. 24 November 2015, 4:15 PM, PST)
- Brad Pitt on ‘The Big Short’s’ Message: ‘Things Need to Be Regulated’ in Financial Industry (From Variety - Film News. 24 November 2015, 12:48 PM, PST)
- Film Review: 'Black Mass' (From CineVue. 25 November 2015, 4:46 AM, PST)
- Bela Lugosi’s Plan 9 From Outer Space Cane Sells for $10,000 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 24 November 2015, 9:23 PM, PST)
- Kevin Bacon Signs on for ‘Tremors’ TV Reboot (From Variety - TV News. 24 November 2015, 12:18 PM, PST)
- 'Knight of Cups' Trailer #2 Has Christian Bale in an Existential Crisis (From MovieWeb. 24 November 2015, 11:26 AM, PST)
- 'Alien: Covenant' Has a New Xenomorph Monster Created by David? (From MovieWeb. 23 November 2015, 1:57 PM, PST)
- Biopics are Topic du Jour, Acting Frontrunners Play Real-Life Figures (From Scott Feinberg. 23 November 2015, 6:00 AM, PST)