After eight seasons on "That '70s Show" and one season starring on the short-lived "Are You There, Chelsea?," Laura Prepon has signed on to Netflix's original prison-set drama "Orange is the New Black."
Created by Jenji Kohan (whose "Weeds" just wrapped its eight season run last night), "Orange" is based on a memoir by Piper Kerman. The 13-episode season follows a Brooklyn woman (Taylor Schilling) who unexpectedly lands in jail when a college relationship with a drug-runner comes back to haunt her. According to TVLine, Prepon will play that mysterious ex from college.
Jason Biggs also recently signed on for the role of Schilling's current fiance, but since the show is set in a women's prison, Prepon's character may have the advantage if a love triangle emerges. »
Similar News Items"Weeds" (2005)
- Doctor Comedy Being Developed at NBC, Sugar Lyn Beard to Star (From Women and Hollywood. 22 September 2017, 8:01 AM, PDT)
- Who Is Responsible For Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Hilarie Burton's Love? Jensen Ackles, of Course (From Popsugar. 20 September 2017, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- Jim Carrey to star in Showtime series Kidding from Michel Gondry (From JoBlo. 14 September 2017, 1:44 PM, PDT)
- Mandy Moore’s TV Husband Milo Ventimiglia Approves of Her New Fiancé: ‘We’re All Very Happy for Them’ (From PEOPLE.com. 25 September 2017, 11:27 AM, PDT)
- Ellen DeGeneres Hilariously Parodies Taylor Swift's 'Look What You Made Me Do' Video -- Watch! (From Entertainment Tonight. 22 September 2017, 2:53 PM, PDT)
- Makeup-Free Laura Prepon Returns to Set of Orange Is the New Black After Giving Birth to Daughter: 'Back to Work!' (From PEOPLE.com. 18 September 2017, 5:41 PM, PDT)
Jason Biggs (I)
- Jenny Mollen’s 38-Week Baby Bump Has ‘Outgrown the Mirror’ in Latest Naked Pregnancy Selfie (From PEOPLE.com. 25 September 2017, 7:55 AM, PDT)
- ‘Who We Are Now’ Review: Julianne Nicholson Proves Once Again She’s One of the Greatest Actresses Alive — Tiff (From Indiewire. 14 September 2017, 12:49 PM, PDT)
- Jenny Mollen Insists She’s ‘Totally Fine’ After Revealing She Has ‘Prepartum’ Depression: ‘This Is Normal’ (From PEOPLE.com. 8 September 2017, 7:45 AM, PDT)