‘Resident Evil: Retribution’ topped the box office with $21.1 million dollars. The fifth chapter of the horror/sci-fi action franchise by Paul W. S. Anderson did well this past weekend, but it didn’t do better than its predecessors. Mila Jovovich continues to carry the film which is expected to make up for numbers overseas.
The re-release of the beloved family film ‘Finding Nemo 3D’ earned $17.5 million dollars. Although it made below what it was expected compared to other Disney re-releases, it still is bound to satisfy the studio which will re-realease 'Monters, Inc. 3D' next.
The horror film ‘The Possession’ which held the number one spot for two weeks fell to third place with $5.8 million dollars. Giving way to the fall movies while still holding on in the top 10.
The Top 10 Movies in the Box Office are:
1. Resident Evil: Retribution - $21.1 mil
Similar News ItemsFinding Nemo (2003)
- Richard Corliss, Venerable Time Film Critic, Dies at 71 (From Variety - Film News. 24 April 2015, 8:34 AM, PDT)
- 'Inside Out' Production Designer Says Pixar Film Was Inspired by Coppola and Hockney (From Thompson on Hollywood. 22 April 2015, 9:41 AM, PDT)
- Fandango To Ring In Summer Movie Season With ‘I Love Movies’ Web Series (From Tubefilter News. 20 April 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)
Resident Evil: Retribution (2012)
- 'Suicide Squad': Scott Eastwood & Ray Olubowale Join Cast in Unknown Roles (From MovieWeb. 30 March 2015, 12:00 AM, PDT)
- Watch: Nicolas Cage Is The White Ghost In New Trailer For 'Outcast' With Hayden Christensen (From The Playlist. 4 February 2015, 6:25 AM, PST)
- Horror Round-Up: Spring, Backcountry, Dark Was the Night (From DailyDead. 28 January 2015, 9:06 AM, PST)