‘Resident Evil: Retribution’ topped the box office with $21.1 million dollars. The fifth chapter of the horror/sci-fi action franchise by Paul W. S. Anderson did well this past weekend, but it didn’t do better than its predecessors. Mila Jovovich continues to carry the film which is expected to make up for numbers overseas.
The re-release of the beloved family film ‘Finding Nemo 3D’ earned $17.5 million dollars. Although it made below what it was expected compared to other Disney re-releases, it still is bound to satisfy the studio which will re-realease 'Monters, Inc. 3D' next.
The horror film ‘The Possession’ which held the number one spot for two weeks fell to third place with $5.8 million dollars. Giving way to the fall movies while still holding on in the top 10.
The Top 10 Movies in the Box Office are:
1. Resident Evil: Retribution - $21.1 mil
Similar News ItemsFinding Nemo (2003)
- There's Almost Nothing More Dangerous Than Being A Parent In A Children's Movie (From Cinema Blend. 18 December 2014, 9:42 AM, PST)
- 'Willy Wonka,' 'Saving Private Ryan,' 'Big Lebowski' added to National Film Registry (From Hitfix. 17 December 2014, 6:57 AM, PST)
- Kids' animations are "hotbeds of murder and mayhem", according to study (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 17 December 2014, 3:13 AM, PST)
Resident Evil: Retribution (2012)
- Newest Sony Leak Reveals Fifty Scripts From Michael Lynton’s Inbox (From The Wrap. 19 December 2014, 1:01 AM, PST)
- For Your Consideration: Paramount campaigning for a Best Picture nod for Transformers: Age of Extinction (From Flickeringmyth. 7 December 2014, 2:49 AM, PST)
- The Earth Speaks: A Conversation on Paul W.S. Anderson's "Pompeii" (From MUBI. 18 November 2014, 9:57 AM, PST)