‘Resident Evil: Retribution’ topped the box office with $21.1 million dollars. The fifth chapter of the horror/sci-fi action franchise by Paul W. S. Anderson did well this past weekend, but it didn’t do better than its predecessors. Mila Jovovich continues to carry the film which is expected to make up for numbers overseas.
The re-release of the beloved family film ‘Finding Nemo 3D’ earned $17.5 million dollars. Although it made below what it was expected compared to other Disney re-releases, it still is bound to satisfy the studio which will re-realease 'Monters, Inc. 3D' next.
The horror film ‘The Possession’ which held the number one spot for two weeks fell to third place with $5.8 million dollars. Giving way to the fall movies while still holding on in the top 10.
The Top 10 Movies in the Box Office are:
1. Resident Evil: Retribution - $21.1 mil
Similar News ItemsFinding Nemo (2003)
- Film Review: ‘The House of Magic’ (From Variety - Film News. 21 July 2014, 9:25 AM, PDT)
- Will Hamm And Silverman Join Galifianakis As ‘The Incredible Mr Limpet’? (From The Hollywood News. 10 July 2014, 2:00 AM, PDT)
- Readers' Picks: 12 Essential Movies Kids Must Experience Before Turning 13 (From EW.com - PopWatch. 3 July 2014, 7:01 AM, PDT)
Resident Evil: Retribution (2012)
- Transformers: Age of Extinction heading to $900 million worldwide (From Flickeringmyth. 20 July 2014, 9:51 AM, PDT)
- Transformers: Age of Extinction becomes the highest-grossing movie of 2014 (From Flickeringmyth. 13 July 2014, 11:16 AM, PDT)
- Douglas Smith lands a mystery role in Terminator: Genesis (From Flickeringmyth. 12 July 2014, 1:53 AM, PDT)