‘Resident Evil: Retribution’ topped the box office with $21.1 million dollars. The fifth chapter of the horror/sci-fi action franchise by Paul W. S. Anderson did well this past weekend, but it didn’t do better than its predecessors. Mila Jovovich continues to carry the film which is expected to make up for numbers overseas.
The re-release of the beloved family film ‘Finding Nemo 3D’ earned $17.5 million dollars. Although it made below what it was expected compared to other Disney re-releases, it still is bound to satisfy the studio which will re-realease 'Monters, Inc. 3D' next.
The horror film ‘The Possession’ which held the number one spot for two weeks fell to third place with $5.8 million dollars. Giving way to the fall movies while still holding on in the top 10.
The Top 10 Movies in the Box Office are:
1. Resident Evil: Retribution - $21.1 mil
Similar News ItemsFinding Nemo (2003)
- Why You Shouldn’t Trust Box Office Predictions (From Flickeringmyth. 28 June 2015, 7:25 AM, PDT)
- “Minions” – World Premiere in Los Angeles (From Hollywoodnews.com. 27 June 2015, 5:21 PM, PDT)
- Weekend Rock Question: What's the Best Pixar Movie? (From Rolling Stone. 26 June 2015, 11:03 AM, PDT)
Resident Evil: Retribution (2012)
- 3D in the 21st Century (From MUBI. 5 May 2015, 5:37 AM, PDT)
- Daily | Goings On | 3D, Labruce, Fellini (t) (From Fandor: Keyframe (t). 1 May 2015, 9:01 AM, PDT)
- Daily | Goings On | 3D, Labruce, Fellini (From Keyframe. 1 May 2015, 9:01 AM, PDT)