‘Resident Evil: Retribution’ topped the box office with $21.1 million dollars. The fifth chapter of the horror/sci-fi action franchise by Paul W. S. Anderson did well this past weekend, but it didn’t do better than its predecessors. Mila Jovovich continues to carry the film which is expected to make up for numbers overseas.
The re-release of the beloved family film ‘Finding Nemo 3D’ earned $17.5 million dollars. Although it made below what it was expected compared to other Disney re-releases, it still is bound to satisfy the studio which will re-realease 'Monters, Inc. 3D' next.
The horror film ‘The Possession’ which held the number one spot for two weeks fell to third place with $5.8 million dollars. Giving way to the fall movies while still holding on in the top 10.
The Top 10 Movies in the Box Office are:
1. Resident Evil: Retribution - $21.1 mil
Similar News ItemsFinding Nemo (2003)
- 10 Plot Holes Everyone Ignores In Pixar Movies (From Obsessed with Film. 21 January 2015, 2:37 AM, PST)
- Traditionally Animated Films at the Oscars (From Scott Feinberg. 20 January 2015, 7:00 AM, PST)
- Toy Story 4: what can we expect? (From Den of Geek. 13 January 2015, 5:59 AM, PST)
Resident Evil: Retribution (2012)
- Horror Round-Up: Spring, Backcountry, Dark Was the Night (From DailyDead. 28 January 2015, 9:06 AM, PST)
- Resident Evil: The Final Chapter Starts Shooting in August (From GeekTyrant. 21 January 2015, 10:37 AM, PST)
- 'Resident Evil 6' Begins Shooting in August (From MovieWeb. 21 January 2015, 9:53 AM, PST)