‘Resident Evil: Retribution’ topped the box office with $21.1 million dollars. The fifth chapter of the horror/sci-fi action franchise by Paul W. S. Anderson did well this past weekend, but it didn’t do better than its predecessors. Mila Jovovich continues to carry the film which is expected to make up for numbers overseas.
The re-release of the beloved family film ‘Finding Nemo 3D’ earned $17.5 million dollars. Although it made below what it was expected compared to other Disney re-releases, it still is bound to satisfy the studio which will re-realease 'Monters, Inc. 3D' next.
The horror film ‘The Possession’ which held the number one spot for two weeks fell to third place with $5.8 million dollars. Giving way to the fall movies while still holding on in the top 10.
The Top 10 Movies in the Box Office are:
1. Resident Evil: Retribution - $21.1 mil
Similar News ItemsFinding Nemo (2003)
- Japan Box Office: ‘Finding Dory’ Swims to the Top in Holiday Weekend (From Variety - Film News. 19 July 2016, 6:53 PM, PDT)
- Korea Box Office: Previews Give Blockbusters Top Spots (From Variety - Film News. 17 July 2016, 11:04 PM, PDT)
- Weekend Box Office Top 10 Takeaways: ‘Ghostbusters’ Makes Mid-Range Landing (From Indiewire. 17 July 2016, 2:20 PM, PDT)
Resident Evil: Retribution (2012)
- CinemaCon 2016: New Plot Details for ‘Resident Evil: The Final Chapter’ (From LatinoReview. 13 April 2016, 7:44 AM, PDT)
- Filming wraps on the largest ever Chinese-Australian co-pro starring Li Bingbing (From IF.com.au. 11 February 2016, 7:05 PM, PST)
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and Maybe a Few Other Things (From FilmSchoolRejects. 5 February 2016, 6:05 AM, PST)