‘Resident Evil: Retribution’ topped the box office with $21.1 million dollars. The fifth chapter of the horror/sci-fi action franchise by Paul W. S. Anderson did well this past weekend, but it didn’t do better than its predecessors. Mila Jovovich continues to carry the film which is expected to make up for numbers overseas.
The re-release of the beloved family film ‘Finding Nemo 3D’ earned $17.5 million dollars. Although it made below what it was expected compared to other Disney re-releases, it still is bound to satisfy the studio which will re-realease 'Monters, Inc. 3D' next.
The horror film ‘The Possession’ which held the number one spot for two weeks fell to third place with $5.8 million dollars. Giving way to the fall movies while still holding on in the top 10.
The Top 10 Movies in the Box Office are:
1. Resident Evil: Retribution - $21.1 mil
Similar News ItemsFinding Nemo (2003)
- Finding Dory: What We Know So Far (From Cinema Blend. 27 February 2015, 1:43 PM, PST)
- Big Hero 6 Wins Best Animated Feature Film (From PEOPLE.com. 22 February 2015, 8:20 PM, PST)
- Everything You Need to Know About the Oscars (From PEOPLE.com. 22 February 2015, 11:10 AM, PST)
Resident Evil: Retribution (2012)
- Watch: Nicolas Cage Is The White Ghost In New Trailer For 'Outcast' With Hayden Christensen (From The Playlist. 4 February 2015, 6:25 AM, PST)
- Horror Round-Up: Spring, Backcountry, Dark Was the Night (From DailyDead. 28 January 2015, 9:06 AM, PST)
- 'Resident Evil 6' Begins Shooting in August (From MovieWeb. 21 January 2015, 9:53 AM, PST)