By Roland Schaefli
When Elsa Martinelli checked out our “Hatari!” article in issue #23 of Cinema Retro while attending the Locarno Film Festival in Switzerland, she enlightened us about how she induced baby elephants to follow her around in the film. Not surprisingly, we ended up following her everywhere. Here are a few highlights of one of our discussions.
We did an article about the making of “Hatari!” and how the locations look today.
Oh. They must have changed a lot.
Not that much. The Ngorongoro Crater (where the pre title sequence was shot) is full of tourists, of course.
Back then, we were to first to actually go down there. But you were very lucky to travel there nowadays. You know, we were there four months and »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (Cinema Retro)
Similar News ItemsSean Penn (I)
- 13 phobias on film for Friday the 13th (From Cineplex. 13 January 2017, 6:05 AM, PST)
- The Best Of The Best: The Greatest Movie Actors and the roles that made them great (From HeyUGuys. 13 January 2017, 3:49 AM, PST)
- UTA Signs ‘Taken’ Helmer Pierre Morel (From Deadline. 12 January 2017, 3:30 PM, PST)
John Wayne (I)
- How to Identify the Four 'Peak Tom Hardy' Types (From Rolling Stone. 17 January 2017, 9:46 AM, PST)
- William Michael Morgan Totally Surprised Runaway June’s Jennifer Wayne with His Proposal (From PEOPLE.com. 12 January 2017, 9:05 AM, PST)
- ‘Hell or High Water’ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 10 January 2017, 4:01 AM, PST)
John Ford (I)
- The Keys of the Kingdom (From Trailers from Hell. 10 January 2017, 11:59 AM, PST)
- His Girl Friday / The Front Page (From Trailers from Hell. 3 January 2017, 10:07 AM, PST)
- Singin’ in the Rain Star Debbie Reynolds Dies One Day After Daughter Carrie Fisher (From PEOPLE.com. 28 December 2016, 5:43 PM, PST)