Akhon Nedekha Nodir Sipare (As River Flows) by Bidyut Kotoky’s will release in theatres today in Assam. Produced by the National Film Development Corporation (Nfdc), the film is shot in the background of Assam’s river island Majuli ravaged by insurgency and the kidnapping of activist Sanjoy Ghosh, who was first abducted in 1997 by the United Liberation Front of Asom (Ulfa) rebels from the river island and subsequently killed. A Hindi version of the film will be released soon with the same title.
A poem recitation made in 2010 by Assam’s renowned singer and balladeer Bhupen Hazarika is also a part of the film. Hazarika passed away on 5th November, 2011 in Mumbai. The cast of the film include Victor Banerjee, Sanjay Suri, Bidita Bag, Raj Zutshi, Nakul Baid and Naveed Aslam.
Recently, the National Film Awards jury rejected the film for an award saying it is not an Assamese film, »
Similar News ItemsSanjay Suri
- Raveena Tandon replaces Sangeeta Bijlani in Onirs Shab (From BollywoodHungama. 25 June 2014, 5:26 AM, PDT)
- Karisma Kapoor joins cast and crew at music launch of Karle Pyar Karle (From Bollyspice. 20 December 2013, 10:15 AM, PST)
- Irrfan wins best actor award for Lunchbox at Dubai Film Fest (From DearCinema.com. 13 December 2013, 5:07 AM, PST)
- Manjunath biopic: 'A story worth telling' (From RealBollywood. 22 March 2014, 12:25 AM, PDT)
- Iffi 2013 to focus on North Eastern cinema (From DearCinema.com. 18 November 2013, 9:26 PM, PST)
- I'd love to play Bhupen Hazarika: Irrfan (From RealBollywood. 14 October 2013, 3:16 AM, PDT)
- 'Children of War' to release in Bangladesh and India on May 16 (From RealBollywood. 12 May 2014, 2:55 AM, PDT)
- Check out the full lineup to be showcased at the 14th Annual New York Indian Film Festival (From Bollyspice. 9 April 2014, 8:00 PM, PDT)
- Victor Banerjee defends brief role in 'Gunday' (From RealBollywood. 17 February 2014, 11:00 PM, PST)