Akhon Nedekha Nodir Sipare (As River Flows) by Bidyut Kotoky’s will release in theatres today in Assam. Produced by the National Film Development Corporation (Nfdc), the film is shot in the background of Assam’s river island Majuli ravaged by insurgency and the kidnapping of activist Sanjoy Ghosh, who was first abducted in 1997 by the United Liberation Front of Asom (Ulfa) rebels from the river island and subsequently killed. A Hindi version of the film will be released soon with the same title.
A poem recitation made in 2010 by Assam’s renowned singer and balladeer Bhupen Hazarika is also a part of the film. Hazarika passed away on 5th November, 2011 in Mumbai. The cast of the film include Victor Banerjee, Sanjay Suri, Bidita Bag, Raj Zutshi, Nakul Baid and Naveed Aslam.
Recently, the National Film Awards jury rejected the film for an award saying it is not an Assamese film, »
Similar News ItemsSanjay Suri
- 11 reasons why relationship with your sibling is crazy but special, a la Bollywood (From GlamSham. 11 April 2015, 1:13 AM, PDT)
- Court, Chauranga win top awards in Mumbai (From ScreenDaily. 21 October 2014, 8:59 PM, PDT)
- Bollywood turns out for Mumbai fest opening (From ScreenDaily. 14 October 2014, 11:03 PM, PDT)
- Bhupen Hazarika biopic to roll this year (From BollywoodHungama. 11 March 2015, 4:46 AM, PDT)
- Manjunath biopic: 'A story worth telling' (From RealBollywood. 22 March 2014, 12:25 AM, PDT)
- Iffi 2013 to focus on North Eastern cinema (From DearCinema.com. 18 November 2013, 9:26 PM, PST)
- Unfreedom – Trailer and Poster Premiere (From Bollyspice. 27 March 2015, 10:00 PM, PDT)
- Unfreedom – India’s Banned Movie (From Bollyspice. 14 March 2015, 8:20 PM, PDT)
- Banned in India, Unfreedom to Release in Us via Dark Frames (From Bollyspice. 13 February 2015, 6:11 AM, PST)