Will Young and the Restless‘ loss be General Hospital‘s gain?
Daytime Emmy winner Genie Francis has been let go from the CBS soap, CBS Soaps In Depth has learned. “Budgetary reasons” are reportedly behind the firing, though a spokesperson for the series tells TVLine that the show does “not comment on contracts, rumors or storyline information.”
The suds vet first joined Y&R in early 2011 as Cane’s long-estranged mother Genevieve. The gig, however short-lived, reunited Francis with her former Gh co-star Tristan Rogers, who joined the soap as her character’s bitter ex-husband.
- Megan Masters
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- 10-Year-Old Blind Florida Girl Raises Over $1 Million to Help Other Kids Like Her: 'Be Brave, the Result Is Worth It' (From PEOPLE.com. 30 May 2016, 12:20 PM, PDT)
- Why You Shouldn't Wish People a 'Happy Memorial Day' (From PEOPLE.com. 30 May 2016, 8:05 AM, PDT)
- Spider-Man Animated Movie to Follow Miles Morales? (From MovieWeb. 27 May 2016, 2:52 PM, PDT)
"Saturday Night Live" (1975)
- Watch Andy Samberg Get Weird with a Freestyle Music Video for ‘Popstar’ (From Slash Film. 31 May 2016, 5:00 AM, PDT)
- The Do-Over Review (From We Got This Covered. 30 May 2016, 6:40 PM, PDT)
- The Rock Joins Shane Black to Play Yet Another Comic Book Character (From Hitfix. 30 May 2016, 11:53 AM, PDT)
"The Good Wife" (2009)
- CBS 2015-16 Season Ratings (updated 5/30/16) (From TVSeriesFinale. 30 May 2016, 1:18 PM, PDT)
- Promo and cast images for CBS’ American Gothic TV series (From Flickeringmyth. 28 May 2016, 7:30 PM, PDT)
- A Handy Guide to Hamilton's Tony Nominees - and Their Incredible Journeys (From PEOPLE.com. 27 May 2016, 7:40 AM, PDT)