The new feature will be a period action movie made with contemporary sensibilities, singling out "300" as a reference point.
According to the Old Testament, the 'Israelites' were facing the 'Philistines' in the 'Valley of Elah'. The boy 'David', bringing food to his older brothers who were fighting with 'King Saul', hears the Philistine giant warrior 'Goliath' challenging the Israelites to send their own champion to decide the outcome in single combat.
David tells Saul he is prepared to face Goliath and Saul allows him to make the attempt. He is victorious, striking Goliath in the forehead with a stone from his sling, and the Philistines flee in terror.
- M. Stevens
Similar News ItemsScott Derrickson
- Hulu gives pilot order to Locke & Key, Scott Derrickson to direct (From Flickeringmyth. 23 April 2017, 2:10 AM, PDT)
- The Marvel Cinematic Universe May Never Be The Same Again After Avengers: Infinity War (From We Got This Covered. 21 April 2017, 5:46 PM, PDT)
- Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase 4 May Not Be Phase 4, But A ‘New Thing’ (From LRM Online. 21 April 2017, 4:45 PM, PDT)
- ‘Citizen Jane’ Tops New Limited Releases, and ‘Lost City of Z’ Makes the Top 10 (From Indiewire. 23 April 2017, 10:06 AM, PDT)
- Ten Years Later, ‘The Hoax’ is Even More Timely in the Trump Era (From FilmSchoolRejects. 20 April 2017, 4:51 AM, PDT)
- The Enduring Appeal of Julia Roberts: How the Pretty Woman Star Became the Queen of Hollywood and Has Ruled Ever Since (From E! Online. 19 April 2017, 12:45 PM, PDT)
The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)
- ‘Dark Clouds’ is a Gorgeous, Visually-Stunning Environmental Snippet (From FilmSchoolRejects. 21 March 2017, 5:02 PM, PDT)
- The Nature of Robots (From FilmSchoolRejects. 16 March 2017, 1:02 PM, PDT)
- Ridley Scott Will Direct Getty Kidnapping Drama Next (From MovieWeb. 13 March 2017, 5:26 PM, PDT)