Shooting to take place in Manchester and Liverpool
America's First Avenger will battle his foes on the streets of Manchester and Liverpool during filming on the big-budget superhero film.
Manchester's Northern Quarter is to be transformed into 1940s New York for a dramatic car chase in Captain America: The First Avenger.
Producers chose the Northern Quarter to recreate New York because of its towering buildings and pre-war architecture.
The location was organised through the Vision+Media film office, based at Mediacity in Salford Quays, which brought the big budget production of Sherlock Holmes to Manchester and Liverpool.
Susan Williams, drama liaison manager, said the company was approached by the studio, which is also behind the successful Spider Man and Hulk films, in February.
"We suggested the area to Marvel as its wide streets, »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (SuperHeroHype)
Similar News ItemsSamuel L. Jackson
- Film Review: ‘Kingsman: The Secret Service’ (From Variety - Film News. 27 December 2014, 8:00 AM, PST)
- ‘Kingsman: The Secret Service’ Review: Colin Firth Rocks Suits, Stunts, and ‘Splosions (From The Wrap. 27 December 2014, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Top 5 Stories of 2014 – Watch Fmtv’s Movie Newsgasm (From Flickeringmyth. 26 December 2014, 12:00 PM, PST)
Chris Evans (V)
- Jennifer Lawrence Was the Highest Grossing Celebrity of 2014 (From PEOPLE.com. 27 December 2014, 8:45 AM, PST)
- Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt named highest-grossing actors of 2014 (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 27 December 2014, 3:19 AM, PST)
- Jennifer Lawrence, Chris Pratt Top Highest-Grossing Actors List (From Variety - Film News. 26 December 2014, 4:02 PM, PST)
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
- 'Black Widow' Says 'Kiss My Ass' (From SneakPeek. 27 December 2014, 1:47 PM, PST)
- Captain America, Spider-man 2 & Watchmen Concept Art By Adam Brockbank (From ComicBookMovie. 26 December 2014, 8:41 PM, PST)
- Marvel Fanatic Shows You How To Make A 12-Hour Tribute Video To Every Marvel Movie (From Cinema Blend. 26 December 2014, 5:08 PM, PST)