Shooting to take place in Manchester and Liverpool
America's First Avenger will battle his foes on the streets of Manchester and Liverpool during filming on the big-budget superhero film.
Manchester's Northern Quarter is to be transformed into 1940s New York for a dramatic car chase in Captain America: The First Avenger.
Producers chose the Northern Quarter to recreate New York because of its towering buildings and pre-war architecture.
The location was organised through the Vision+Media film office, based at Mediacity in Salford Quays, which brought the big budget production of Sherlock Holmes to Manchester and Liverpool.
Susan Williams, drama liaison manager, said the company was approached by the studio, which is also behind the successful Spider Man and Hulk films, in February.
"We suggested the area to Marvel as its wide streets, »
- email@example.com (SuperHeroHype)
Similar News ItemsSamuel L. Jackson
- 8 Sneaky Ways A Movie Got Greenlit (From Obsessed with Film. 26 November 2015, 4:40 AM, PST)
- The first ‘Hateful Eight’ featurette explains Panavision and 70mm (From The Hollywood News. 25 November 2015, 11:45 PM, PST)
- ‘Chi-Raq’ Star Angela Bassett on Chicago Gun Violence: ‘It’s Shameful’ (Video) (From The Wrap. 25 November 2015, 5:05 PM, PST)
Chris Evans (V)
- Captain America: Civil War Trailer #1 – Flickering Myth Reaction (From Flickeringmyth. 26 November 2015, 5:04 AM, PST)
- Captain America: Civil War trailer reaction (From Flickeringmyth. 26 November 2015, 3:09 AM, PST)
- Tom Holland Weighs In On Following Andrew Garfield As Spider-Man (From We Got This Covered. 25 November 2015, 7:46 PM, PST)
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
- The first Captain America Civil War trailer is here! (From The Hollywood News. 24 November 2015, 10:40 PM, PST)
- Captain America: Civil War posters land (From Den of Geek. 24 November 2015, 9:51 PM, PST)
- Doctor Strange Officially Begins Production (From DailyDead. 24 November 2015, 1:06 PM, PST)