Shooting to take place in Manchester and Liverpool
America's First Avenger will battle his foes on the streets of Manchester and Liverpool during filming on the big-budget superhero film.
Manchester's Northern Quarter is to be transformed into 1940s New York for a dramatic car chase in Captain America: The First Avenger.
Producers chose the Northern Quarter to recreate New York because of its towering buildings and pre-war architecture.
The location was organised through the Vision+Media film office, based at Mediacity in Salford Quays, which brought the big budget production of Sherlock Holmes to Manchester and Liverpool.
Susan Williams, drama liaison manager, said the company was approached by the studio, which is also behind the successful Spider Man and Hulk films, in February.
"We suggested the area to Marvel as its wide streets, »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (SuperHeroHype)
Similar News ItemsSamuel L. Jackson
- Quentin Tarantino: Sure, put Antonio Banderas and Jamie Foxx together in a movie (From Hitfix. 28 July 2014, 2:08 PM, PDT)
- Mark Waid gives the Agents of ‘S.H.I.E.L.D.’ a new ongoing series (From SoundOnSight. 28 July 2014, 9:26 AM, PDT)
- The 10 Biggest Moments of Comic-Con ... and 5 Big Disappointments! (From TooFab. 28 July 2014, 7:50 AM, PDT)
Chris Evans (V)
- Comic-Con: Footage from Marvel’s Avengers: Age Of Ultron Panel Featuring Robert Downey Jr. and the Cast, with Special Appearance by Josh Brolin (From Collider.com. 28 July 2014, 6:13 PM, PDT)
- 12 Times Chris Evans Simply Could Not Contain His Muscles (From Popsugar. 28 July 2014, 4:55 PM, PDT)
- New Avengers 2 Movie Pic Shows Black Widow Cool Motorcycle Riding Action (From OnTheFlix. 28 July 2014, 2:24 PM, PDT)
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
- The Week in Spandex – The 2014 San Diego Comic-Con Edition (From Flickeringmyth. 28 July 2014, 5:23 AM, PDT)
- Avengers: Age of Ultron Props and Footage Description From Comic-Con (From HeyUGuys. 27 July 2014, 2:56 PM, PDT)
- Comic-Con: 'Ant-Man' Test Footage Description! (From MovieWeb. 26 July 2014, 6:30 PM, PDT)