Shooting to take place in Manchester and Liverpool
America's First Avenger will battle his foes on the streets of Manchester and Liverpool during filming on the big-budget superhero film.
Manchester's Northern Quarter is to be transformed into 1940s New York for a dramatic car chase in Captain America: The First Avenger.
Producers chose the Northern Quarter to recreate New York because of its towering buildings and pre-war architecture.
The location was organised through the Vision+Media film office, based at Mediacity in Salford Quays, which brought the big budget production of Sherlock Holmes to Manchester and Liverpool.
Susan Williams, drama liaison manager, said the company was approached by the studio, which is also behind the successful Spider Man and Hulk films, in February.
"We suggested the area to Marvel as its wide streets, »
- email@example.com (SuperHeroHype)
Similar News ItemsSamuel L. Jackson
- Ed-209 & Alternate Robocop Concept Art (From ComicBookMovie. 30 September 2014, 6:15 AM, PDT)
- ‘The Hateful Eight’ Shoots in Colorado in December (From Slash Film. 29 September 2014, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- Captain America 3 and Star Trek 3 cameos! Watch Fmtv’s Movie Newsgasm (From Flickeringmyth. 27 September 2014, 8:50 AM, PDT)
Chris Evans (V)
- Jeremy Renner Says Marvel Wants a Hawkeye/Black Widow Film (From Worst Previews. 30 September 2014, 2:04 AM, PDT)
- Is Marvel Planning a 'Hawkeye' and 'Black Widow' Team-Up Movie? (From MovieWeb. 29 September 2014, 4:42 PM, PDT)
- Jeremy Renner talks Avengers: Age of Ultron and Captain America 3 (From Flickeringmyth. 29 September 2014, 2:50 PM, PDT)
Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
- 'Angry Birds' Movie Needs Fans Help to Unlock a Surprise (From MovieWeb. 29 September 2014, 1:27 PM, PDT)
- Why Red Skull Wasn.t In Captain America 2 (From Cinema Blend. 28 September 2014, 4:31 PM, PDT)
- TNT Enlists Joe Johnston To Helm Pilot For Fantasy Series Lumen (From We Got This Covered. 28 September 2014, 2:11 PM, PDT)