Scrapping script pages and rebooting the franchise
Director Matthew Vaughn is currently working on X-Men: First Class in London from where he talked with a few outlets about the June 3, 2011 release. He told Hero Complex that they were forced to change the script for the film after seeing Christopher Nolan's Inception.
"I saw 'Inception,' which I loved," Vaughn said. "But my heart sank when I saw that a few of the ideas we had were up [on the screen]. So it's either leave it in and look as if you're copying or change things. We completely ripped out about 12 pages of the script and the storyboards." He added that the scrapped sequence was a "dream-space combat" that featured a fight involving Charles Xavier and other mutants that was to going to be presented with spinning rooms and other physics-bending imagery.
He also told IGN that he hopes to follow the »
- firstname.lastname@example.org (SuperHeroHype)
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- The Year in Review Post-Credits Stinger: What Happened to Post-Credits Stingers in 2014 (From FilmSchoolRejects. 19 December 2014, 5:30 PM, PST)
- 35th Anniversary Posters For Ridley Scott’s Alien Remember A Classic (From We Got This Covered. 19 December 2014, 9:23 AM, PST)
- ‘Into the Woods’ is more shrill than charming (From SoundOnSight. 18 December 2014, 9:02 PM, PST)
Jennifer Lawrence (III)
- ‘Hobbit’ Finale Heads for $85 Million After $16.5 Million Friday at Box Office (From The Wrap. 20 December 2014, 8:33 AM, PST)
- Box Office: ‘Hobbit’ Finale Marching Toward $88 Million (From Variety - Film News. 20 December 2014, 8:20 AM, PST)
- Celebrity Street Style -- How to Get This Week’s Hottest Looks! (From TooFab. 20 December 2014)
- The Cast and Crew of Star Wars: The Force Awakens Would Like to Thank You (From Filmonic. 20 December 2014, 10:00 AM, PST)
- Adam Driver Talks 'Star Wars 7'; New R2D2 Image Debuts (From MovieWeb. 19 December 2014, 5:35 PM, PST)
- J.J. Abrams, ‘Star Wars Ep. VII’ Crew Say Thanks In New Video (From Tubefilter News. 19 December 2014, 1:02 PM, PST)