It's very fitting that the world's most famous movie critic will get a movie made about his life. Roger Ebert will be the subject of a documentary produced by Martin Scorcese and Steve Zaillian (they worked together before on Gangs of New York). Based on his memoir "Life Itself," the doc will cover Ebert's personal struggles -- like overcoming alcoholism and thyroid cancer -- as well as his politics and marriage. Documentarian Steve James (Hoop Dreams) will direct.
James' next film should make waves: the upcoming Head Games about head injuries in high school football and wrestling.
Source: Variety »
- email@example.com (Tara the Mom)
Similar News ItemsRoger Ebert
- Race, Gender, and Sexuality at the Oscars, Part III (From Scott Feinberg. 10 December 2013, 6:05 PM, PST)
- Sundance Short Films: Movies From Danny Pudi, Rose McGowan Highlight Lineup (From The Wrap. 10 December 2013, 1:22 PM, PST)
- 5 Daily Tech Stories That Filmmakers (and Film Fans) Must Read: Crowdfunding for Film Fests, Submitting to SXSW Digital Domain and More (From Indiewire. 10 December 2013, 10:06 AM, PST)
- 'Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit' International Poster Treks Into Darkness (From FirstShowing.net. 29 November 2013, 8:30 AM, PST)
- Martin Scorsese wants your support for Indiegogo campaign of Roger Ebert doc 'Life Itself' -- Exclusive Video (From EW.com - Inside Movies. 21 November 2013, 2:48 PM, PST)
- The possible future films of Ridley Scott (From Den of Geek. 19 November 2013, 4:24 AM, PST)
Gangs of New York (2002)
- A Terrifically Dark & Amusing Trailer For ‘Calvary’ Starring Brendan Gleeson (From The Hollywood News. 10 December 2013, 1:16 PM, PST)
- Martin Scorsese May Soon Retire From Directing (From We Got This Covered. 10 December 2013, 9:22 AM, PST)
- Martin Scorsese suggests possible retirement from directing (From The Guardian - Film News. 10 December 2013, 5:08 AM, PST)