Two Evil Eyes/Due Occhi Diabolici is an Italian-American co-production helmed by Dario Argento and George A. Romero. One is the grandmaster of Italian thrillers and the other is the godfather of the zombie craze. With a pedigree like that, one would expect the two tale compendium to be much better than it is.
The film starts oddly with a short tour of Edgar Allan Poe’s Baltimore home and gravesite, leading into Romero’s segment:“The Facts in the Case of M. Valdemar”. This snippet of Poe’s world was intended for a documentary Argento was working on but that was never completed, so it was decided that this little piece would be placed at the head of the film.
Romero’s segment tells the story of Jessica Valdemar (Adrienne Barbeau) a former stewardess whose wealthy, elderly, and very ill husband (Bingo O’Malley) is near death. With the »
- Derek Botelho
Similar News ItemsGeorge A. Romero (I)
- First Look at George A. Romero Empire of the Dead #1 & Avengers A.I. 8.Now (From Flickeringmyth. 4 December 2013, 8:16 AM, PST)
- Comics: Zombies & Vampires Invade NYC in George Romero’S Empire Of The Dead #1! (From ComicBookMovie. 4 December 2013, 5:00 AM, PST)
- Preview: George Romero’s ‘Empire of the Dead’ (From Blogomatic3000. 4 December 2013, 4:18 AM, PST)
Edgar Allan Poe
- Nightmare Presents: 57 Reasons for the Slate Quarry Suicides (From FEARnet. 4 December 2013, 12:00 PM, PST)
- ‘The Following: The Complete First Season’ Review (From Blogomatic3000. 3 December 2013, 2:01 AM, PST)
- Blair Witch and the rise of viral movie marketing (From Den of Geek. 26 November 2013, 7:31 AM, PST)
- You're Old: Gus Van Sant's 'Psycho' Came Out 15 Years Ago This Week (From Movies.com. 4 December 2013, 3:00 PM, PST)
- Gus Van Sant's Psycho Just Turned 15 -- and is More Fascinating than You Remember (From Village Voice. 3 December 2013, 9:00 PM, PST)
- ‘Bates Motel’ Reopens For Season 2 In New Teaser (From The Hollywood News. 29 November 2013, 5:44 AM, PST)