The sequel to a successful Australian horror film looks to be back on track after it was postponed due to investor issues.
Wolf Creek 2 written, directed and produced by Greg McLean, has received production funding from Screen Australia.The film about the return of pig shooter and serial killer Mick Taylor is one of three projects to receive a share of $5.5m from the funding agency and is expected to trigger $17m in production.
The sequel to the 2005 film hit financial difficulties in 2011 when private investor Geoffrey Edelsten agreed to put in $5m toward the sequel but was later accused of failing to honour his commitment, according to the Australian Financial Review.
In a counter-suit, Edelsten claimed he was misled into being the major private investor.
The original film made $27.762m at the worldwide box office, according to tracking site Box Office Mojo.
- Colin Delaney
Similar News ItemsScreen Australia [au]
- Scroz names Sally Caplan as head of production (From IF.com.au. 3 December 2013, 4:19 PM, PST)
- Bearcage Snares Co-prod Deal With Beijing TV (From Variety - TV News. 19 November 2013, 7:48 PM, PST)
- Enterprise Program deemed a success (From IF.com.au. 19 November 2013, 1:50 PM, PST)
Wolf Creek (2005)
- The Last Horror Blog: 'Wolf Creek 2' Is Coming, 'Tales from the Darkside' Reboot, 'Curse of Chucky' Review and More! (From Movies.com. 14 November 2013, 6:00 PM, PST)
- The Serial Killing Pig Shooter is Back in The Wolf Creek 2 Trailer (From Best-Horror-Movies.com. 13 November 2013, 2:39 PM, PST)
- Afm 2013: Roadshow Films Figures Out How to Spend These Final Hours (From Dread Central. 11 November 2013, 10:59 AM, PST)
- Sally Caplan to join Screen Australia as head of production (From ScreenDaily. 4 December 2013, 3:22 AM, PST)
- Five More of Our Favorite Underrated Horror Directors (From FEARnet. 3 December 2013, 2:30 PM, PST)
- 2013 another down year for Aussie films (From IF.com.au. 2 December 2013, 5:51 PM, PST)