According to the Mail Online, Brazilian club Santos have denied reports that Manchester United made a £38 million bid for striker Neymar.
Despite rumours circulating yesterday suggesting that United boss Sir Alex Ferguson made a sensational deadline day bid for the Brazilian wonder kid, Santos say they haven’t rejected an offer at all and never even received one.
If Manchester United had secured the deal of Neymar, their total spending in the summer transfer window would have been over £90 million. The Red Devils have already completed the capture of former Arsenal striker Robin van Persie and with Danny Welbeck, Wayne Rooney and Javier Hernandez all fighting for the second attacking spot, it did seem unusual that Fergie would make such a large bid for yet another forward.
A Santos chief has said of the situation:
“I have no idea where that came from, but it’s not true,’ said Santos »
- Matt Robinson
Similar News ItemsWayne Rooney (II)
- The hot summer 2016 film quiz (From The Guardian - Film News. 28 August 2016, 7:00 AM, PDT)
- The Lives of the Wives (From The Hollywood News. 16 June 2016, 10:07 PM, PDT)
- Watch England vs Wales Online Free Euro 2016 Live Streaming Espn Soccer Game Today (From TheHDRoom. 16 June 2016, 7:36 AM, PDT)
Alex Ferguson (IV)
- 'Aggressive' tax avoidance scheme based on Disney film rights to appeal to supreme court (From The Guardian - Film News. 13 April 2016, 10:31 AM, PDT)
- Man Utd Next Boss: 10 Replacements For Louis Van Gaal (From Obsessed with Film. 25 March 2016, 1:40 PM, PDT)
- Arsenal Next Manager: 10 Replacements For Arsene Wenger (From Obsessed with Film. 3 March 2016, 11:45 AM, PST)
Robin van Persie
- Football Manager 2016: Predicting 15 Best Players (From Obsessed with Film. 26 September 2015, 1:50 AM, PDT)
- FIFA 16: Top 10 Premier League Player Rating Predictions (From Obsessed with Film. 27 August 2015, 11:46 AM, PDT)
- FIFA 16: Top 10 Player Rating Predictions (From Obsessed with Film. 13 August 2015, 3:23 AM, PDT)