The theme of former President Bill Clinton's nomination speech at the 2012 Democratic National Convention was cooperation. He praised President Obama's attitude of "constructive cooperation" and praised the cooperative attitudes of many Republicans he has worked with, while lambasting the far right Republicans who "seem to hate" President Obama.
In Tampa a few days ago, we heard a lot of talk. Oh, about how the President and the Democrats don't really believe in free enterprise and individual initiative. How we want everybody to be dependent on the government. How bad we are for the economy. This Republican narrative, its alternative universe, says that every one of us in this room who amounts to anything, we're all completely self-made.
One of the greatest chairmen the Democratic Party ever had, Bob Strauss, used to say that every politician wants every voter to believe he was born in a log cabin he built himself. »
Similar News ItemsBarack Obama
- Recap: 'Saturday Night Live' – Lena Dunham And The National (From Hitfix. 8 March 2014, 8:08 PM, PST)
- 'Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey': President Barack Obama to introduce Fox special (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 8 March 2014, 7:00 PM, PST)
- President Obama to Introduce 'Cosmos' Premiere (From Rolling Stone. 8 March 2014, 2:06 PM, PST)
- Jimmy Fallon can't keep it together when Stephen Colbert visits 'The Tonight Show' -- Video (From EW.com - PopWatch. 8 March 2014, 12:30 PM, PST)
- Harvey Weinstein at UCLA: Hillary Clinton Benghazi Flap 'Complete Bull---' (From The Hollywood Reporter. 8 March 2014, 11:51 AM, PST)
- Obama's Motown Mishap: Watch the Potus’ Aretha Franklin ‘Respect’ Spelling Fail (Video) (From The Wrap. 7 March 2014, 4:51 PM, PST)
Bill Clinton (I)
- Miley Cyrus Hits Back At Katy Perry For Her 'Bangerz' Concert Kiss Comments (From Uinterview. 6 March 2014, 9:00 PM, PST)
- Outnumbered ends after 7 years: Digital Spy readers have their say (From Digital Spy - TV news. 6 March 2014, 8:53 AM, PST)
- Khloé Kardashian Takes Over Chelsea Lately: Pokes Fun at Kris Jenner and Kim Kardashian, Talks Oprah and Much More! (From E! Online. 5 March 2014, 5:33 PM, PST)