UK box office top ten and analysis for the weekend of Friday 31st August to Sunday 2nd September 2012...
After two weeks at the top of the UK box office chart, Disney-Pixar's Brave is knocked down into third as both Total Recall and The Watch shrug off generally negative reviews to occupy the top two positions, with the Len Wiseman-directed sci-fi reboot Total Recall banking £2,493,230 to claim first place and alien invasion comedy The Watch hot in its heels in second with £2,235,933. However, £959k of Total Recall's haul came from two days of preview screenings, while The Watch pulled in £1.43m between Monday and Thursday, meaning that Brave's £1.6m was enough to claim victory over the Friday - Sunday period.
Similar News ItemsChristopher Nolan (I)
- Here’s the Marvel Superhero Rom-Com You’ve Always Secretly Wanted (From Vulture. 30 November 2015, 6:35 AM, PST)
- Slamdance Festival Competition Lineup Unveiled (Exclusive) (From Variety - Film News. 30 November 2015, 6:00 AM, PST)
- 5 Great Movies Coming To Amazon Prime In December (From Cinema Blend. 26 November 2015, 9:29 AM, PST)
The Dark Knight Rises (2012)
- Movie Review: The Walk (From CinemaNerdz. 30 November 2015, 1:00 PM, PST)
- 2 New 'Star Wars 7' TV Spots and Finn Featurette (From MovieWeb. 30 November 2015, 7:18 AM, PST)
- Movie Review – Doctor Zhivago (1965) (From Flickeringmyth. 28 November 2015, 4:30 AM, PST)
Tom Hardy (I)
- "Revenant" Gets Stunning New Pics, TV Spot (From Dark Horizons. 30 November 2015, 8:10 AM, PST)
- Watch: Leonardo DiCaprio Fights Through Blood, Sweat and Tears in Grueling 'The Revenant' Trailer (From Indiewire. 30 November 2015, 7:50 AM, PST)
- First TV Spot For The Revenant Is All About Survival, New Images Paint An Icy Thriller (From We Got This Covered. 30 November 2015, 7:46 AM, PST)