Michael Clarke Duncan a loveable and gracious man and actor has died today from a heart attack. He was 54. According to his fiancee, the Oscar nominee for "The Green Mile" passed away while being hospitalized following a July heart attack, two months ago.
Publicist Joy Fehily released a statement from Clarke's fiancée, the Rev. Omarosa Manigault, saying the 54-year-old actor died Monday morning in a Los Angeles hospital after nearly two months of treatment following the July 13 heart attack.
Duncan had a handful of minor roles before "The Green Mile" brought him an Academy Award nomination for best supporting actor. The 1999 film, based on the Stephen King novel of the same name, starred Tom Hanks as a corrections officer at a penitentiary in the 1930s. »
Similar News ItemsTom Hanks
- Why the Oscars Best Supporting Actor Race Is a Hot Mess (From Variety - Film News. 10 December 2013, 6:30 AM, PST)
- Saving Mr. Banks Movie Review (From ShockYa. 9 December 2013, 9:08 PM, PST)
- Ranking Tom Hanks' 10 all-time greatest performances (From Hitfix. 9 December 2013, 8:49 PM, PST)
Stephen King (I)
- CBS Jumps Back Into Miniseries Biz With ‘The Dovekeepers’ From Mark Burnett And Roma Downey (From Deadline TV. 9 December 2013, 10:05 AM, PST)
- Stephen King Mashups With Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, Deadpool, and More Comic Characters (From FEARnet. 6 December 2013, 2:00 PM, PST)
- New Terminator TV Series Will Connect with New Films (From GeekTyrant. 6 December 2013, 2:00 PM, PST)
Planet of the Apes (2001)
- 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' trailer: A deep dive (From EW.com - PopWatch. 5 December 2013, 3:19 PM, PST)
- ‘Dawn of the Planet of the Apes’ Trailer to Debut Soon – Possibly with ‘The Hobbit’ (From Screen Rant. 2 December 2013, 11:16 AM, PST)
- Amazon's Cyber Monday 2013 Blu-ray and DVD Deals: Monday, December 2 (From Rope Of Silicon. 1 December 2013, 11:01 PM, PST)