As low-key as it is low-budget, this is a thing of beauty. The plot is basically Dazed And Confused relocated to Michigan: high-schoolers (including a flirt with the hots for a pool-cleaner and a drop-out pining for the girl of his dreams) make the most of one last hurrah. But the film's mood is all its own, characterised by an elegiac score, easygoing performances and gorgeous cinematography.
There's something nasty in the recording studio. A sound engineer supplies the effects for an Italian horror movie, but the creepiness doesn't stay confined to the screen for long.
[Rec]3 Genesis (18)
The Spanish horror series gains a prequel as the »
- Ryan Gilbey
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- 30 Things We Learned from the ‘Fight Club’ Commentary (From FilmSchoolRejects. 10 July 2014, 8:15 PM, PDT)
- Which Costar Wants George Clooney to 'Have Some Children Already'? (From PEOPLE.com. 10 July 2014, 4:30 PM, PDT)
- Justin Theroux Says Loving Jennifer Aniston Isn't "Difficult" & He Doesn't Hate The Paparazzi (From TooFab. 10 July 2014, 3:15 PM, PDT)
- 10 of geek cinema's more curious quirks of fate (From Den of Geek. 10 July 2014, 6:20 AM, PDT)
- In Defence Of... Michael Bay, Hollywood's action movie king (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 10 July 2014, 1:00 AM, PDT)
- The Last Boy Scout (From Sky Movies. 9 July 2014, 2:57 AM, PDT)
- HBO executives 'not concerned' about 'Game of Thrones' series outpacing books (From EW.com - Inside TV. 10 July 2014, 3:19 PM, PDT)
- Press Tour: July 2014 HBO Executive Session Live-Blog (From Hitfix. 10 July 2014, 1:58 PM, PDT)
- OneRepublic’s “Ordinary Human” Music Video From The Giver (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 10 July 2014, 10:11 AM, PDT)