As low-key as it is low-budget, this is a thing of beauty. The plot is basically Dazed And Confused relocated to Michigan: high-schoolers (including a flirt with the hots for a pool-cleaner and a drop-out pining for the girl of his dreams) make the most of one last hurrah. But the film's mood is all its own, characterised by an elegiac score, easygoing performances and gorgeous cinematography.
There's something nasty in the recording studio. A sound engineer supplies the effects for an Italian horror movie, but the creepiness doesn't stay confined to the screen for long.
[Rec]3 Genesis (18)
The Spanish horror series gains a prequel as the »
- Ryan Gilbey
Similar News ItemsBrad Pitt
- Paramount Teases Martin Scorsese’s ‘Silence,’ ‘Ghost in the Shell’ (From Variety - Film News. 27 October 2016, 7:06 PM, PDT)
- Robert Zemeckis’ Allied gets another new poster (From Flickeringmyth. 27 October 2016, 11:10 AM, PDT)
- George Romero Says Nobody Will Finance His Next Zombie Movie and ‘Night of the Living Dead’ Wouldn’t Get Made Today (From Indiewire. 27 October 2016, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- ‘Awards Chatter’ Podcast — Helen Mirren (‘Eye in the Sky’) (From Scott Feinberg. 26 October 2016, 5:00 PM, PDT)
- Calling All Dancing Queens: Abba Plans to Reunite — but There’s a Catch (From PEOPLE.com. 26 October 2016, 12:45 PM, PDT)
- ‘Stranger Things’ Star Reveals Donald Trump’s Sexism in the Workplace (From Indiewire Television. 26 October 2016, 9:13 AM, PDT)
Tom Hardy (I)
- The Linking Dead (From FilmExperience. 27 October 2016, 5:31 PM, PDT)
- Cineplex's Holiday movie preview features Rogue One, Moana, Fantastic Beasts and more! (From Cineplex. 26 October 2016, 12:42 PM, PDT)
- See Mad Max: Fury Road the way it was meant to be seen! (From Cineplex. 25 October 2016, 8:31 AM, PDT)