It was recently announced that director Joss Whedon will not only be directing The Avengers 2, but he will also be co-writing and directing (if time permits) the new ABC TV series S.H.I.E.L.D., based on the clandestine organization lead by Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) in the movies. For the moment, Joss Whedon seems to be the most important key in the Marvel Studios Universe.
But what does that all mean?
The director, who was a cult icon before becoming the man with the biggest movie of the summer, recently spoke out on both the decision to do S.H.I.E.L.D. and his contract with Marvel, calling himself a consigliore of this huge operation.
First, Joss Whedon explains why he decided to dip his hands even further into the Marvel cinematic universe, working as not just a director on his own projects, but also as a creative consultant on everything else that ties into those projects. »
Similar News ItemsJoss Whedon
- Tom Hiddleston Explains Why Loki Wasn’t in Avengers: Age of Ultron (From Vulture. 6 October 2015, 12:58 PM, PDT)
- Why Loki Was Cut From ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’ (From Slash Film. 6 October 2015, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- Why Loki was cut from Avengers: Age Of Ultron (From Den of Geek. 6 October 2015, 8:07 AM, PDT)
Samuel L. Jackson
- 2016 Oscar Predictions: Best Supporting Actor (From Indiewire. 5 October 2015, 9:14 AM, PDT)
- Interview: Chatting w/ Meagan Good About ‘Minority Report’, Her New Film ‘A Girl Like Grace’ & Viola Davis’ Emmy Shout-Out (From ShadowAndAct. 5 October 2015, 8:05 AM, PDT)
- Kong: Skull Island adds two more to its cast (From Flickeringmyth. 3 October 2015, 7:00 PM, PDT)
Marvel Studios [us]
- "Captain America: Civil War" - 'Black Panther' (From SneakPeek. 7 October 2015, 8:18 AM, PDT)
- 'Daredevil' Season 2 Poster Arrives from New York Comic Con (From MovieWeb. 7 October 2015, 8:08 AM, PDT)
- The Creation and Evolution of a Marvel End Credits Sequence (From Slash Film. 7 October 2015, 7:00 AM, PDT)