"Good Morning America" host Robin Roberts announced back in June that she has been diagnosed with Myelodysplastic Syndrome (Mds), which is a rare blood disorder that affects bone marrow. She is now about to take medical leave from "Gma" in order to undergo a bone marrow transplant from her sister.
Roberts said goodbye Thursday (Aug. 30), starting her leave of absence a day early so she could fly down to Mississippi with her sister and be with her ailing mother Lucimarian. She says her mother's health has gotten to the point where they "need to get home."
It was an emotional send-off, but the prognosis looks good for Roberts because she is so young and healthy.
Meanwhile, "Gma" host Lara Spencer announced the series of guest hosts that will be gracing the studio while Roberts is on medical leave -- Katie Couric, Barbara Walters, Kelly Ripa, the "Modern Family" cast, Chris Rock, »
Similar News Items"Modern Family" (2009)
- 2016-17 TV Show Season Ratings (week 27) (From TVSeriesFinale. 28 March 2017, 3:09 PM, PDT)
- ABC 2016-17 Season Ratings (updated 3/28/17) (From TVSeriesFinale. 28 March 2017, 1:28 PM, PDT)
- Bones: 5 Famous Guest-Stars You May Have Forgotten About (From TVovermind.com. 26 March 2017, 2:44 PM, PDT)
- Own TV Show Ratings (updated 3/28/17) (From TVSeriesFinale. 28 March 2017, 12:30 PM, PDT)
- Oprah Winfrey Network (Own) Orders 2 New Series – ‘Released’ & ‘Checking Inn’ – For Its Saturday Night Line-Up (From ShadowAndAct. 27 March 2017, 2:38 PM, PDT)
- Jenna Elfman Doesn’t Count Calories and Noshes on Avocado Toast: What She Eats in a Day (From PEOPLE.com. 27 March 2017, 1:48 PM, PDT)
"Good Morning America" (1975)
- Kelly Ripa’s 183 Guest Co-Hosted ‘Live’ Episodes, Ranked by TV Ratings (Photos) (From The Wrap. 28 March 2017, 2:39 PM, PDT)
- Scarlett Johansson Defends Her ‘Ghost in the Shell’ Role, Says it Isn’t Whitewashing (Video) (From The Wrap. 28 March 2017, 8:40 AM, PDT)
- TV News Roundup: Johnny Galecki Gets Science Channel Series, ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ Ratings (From Variety - TV News. 27 March 2017, 3:22 PM, PDT)