The story follows a baker in the ANZACs.and is described as .a moving and ultimately uplifting story of love that crosses language and cultures in a time of catastrophe,. according to ABC TV head of fiction Carole Sklan.
Production begins on September 3 in Perth, with director Rachel Ward and a screenplay adapted by Blake Ayshford (The Straits, Crownies) from the book Silent Parts by John Charalambous. The telemovie was developed and financed under the Primeime Television Production Fund between ScreenWest and ABC Television.
An Accidental Soldier should provide a boost to the Western Australian industry, according to ScreenWest boss Ian Booth.
.It will be filmed entirely in Western Australia providing Wa practitioners with an opportunity to work with an »
- Anthony Soegito
Similar News ItemsCharlotte Gainsbourg (I)
- ‘A Worthy Companion’ Review: Evan Rachel Wood Is a Manipulative Lesbian With a Mommy Complex in This Taut Debut — Tiff (From Indiewire. 13 September 2017, 7:50 AM, PDT)
- L'Etrange 2017: Watch The Festival's Opening Credits (From Screen Anarchy. 10 September 2017, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Charlotte Gainsbourg Announces First New Album Since 2010, Rest (From PasteMagazine. 7 September 2017, 7:00 PM, PDT)
The Sapphires (2012)
- Toronto ‘17’: Visionary Works Headline Tiff ‘17’s Platform Slate (From Sydney's Buzz. 3 August 2017, 1:57 PM, PDT)
- 'Hounds of Love' and 'Hacksaw Ridge' to vie for key Awgie Award (From IF.com.au. 19 June 2017, 5:00 PM, PDT)
- ‘Dirty Dancing’ Reboot: 31 Photos Show How the New Movie Will Recreate Classic Moments (From Indiewire Television. 9 April 2017, 10:07 AM, PDT)
Bryan Brown (I)
- New Tiff Trailers for ‘Let the Corpses Tan,’ ‘Custody,’ ‘Sweet Country,’ and More (From The Film Stage. 11 September 2017, 5:07 AM, PDT)
- First International Trailer for Australian Racism Drama 'Sweet Country' (From FirstShowing.net. 10 September 2017, 12:10 PM, PDT)
- Australian Western drama Sweet Country gets a first trailer (From Flickeringmyth. 8 September 2017, 2:45 AM, PDT)