Total Film has taken a poll and assembled a list of the Top 50 most disappointing movies of all time - films for which there was a certain or even considerable amount of expectation and which, frankly, turned out to be fairly terrible.
Practically every household name filmmaker is on this list - Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Stanley Kubrick, Francis Ford Coppola, David Fincher, Oliver Stone, Peter Jackson, Quentin Tarantino, Michael Mann, Steven Soderbergh, Tim Burton, Sam Raimi, the Wachowskis, M. Night Shyamalan, Ridley Scott, Cameron Crowe, Ang Lee, Zack Snyder, Roland Emmerich, Robert Rodriguez, Kevin Smith and many more.
Topping the list was Spielberg's "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" with Lucas' "Star Wars: Episode One - The Phantom Menace" not far behind. Both were returns almost twenty years later to franchises that were the gold standard of many who grew up in the late 70's and 80's, »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Luc Besson Sci-Fi Thriller Valerian Set Photos Emerge (From MovieWeb. 29 May 2016, 7:22 PM, PDT)
- Family Game Night Ideas That Show Off Your Movie Knowledge (From Moviefone. 29 May 2016, 12:00 PM, PDT)
- Sam Mendes Reveals If He'll Be Back For Another James Bond Movie (From Cinema Blend. 29 May 2016, 7:51 AM, PDT)
- Back Inside Innerspace, Joe Dante’s Fantastic Voyage (From DailyDead. 27 May 2016, 7:45 PM, PDT)
- Watch Steven Spielberg’s Harvard Commencement Speech (From Slash Film. 27 May 2016, 3:30 PM, PDT)
- Posterized: Tye Sheridan (From FilmExperience. 27 May 2016, 9:32 AM, PDT)
- Examining Hollywood Remakes: Man of Steel (From Cinelinx. 29 May 2016, 8:49 PM, PDT)
- Jeremy Irons Says Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice Was Very Muddled (From We Got This Covered. 29 May 2016, 7:54 PM, PDT)
- Eisenberg Returning For "Justice League"? (From Dark Horizons. 29 May 2016, 6:02 PM, PDT)