Total Film has taken a poll and assembled a list of the Top 50 most disappointing movies of all time - films for which there was a certain or even considerable amount of expectation and which, frankly, turned out to be fairly terrible.
Practically every household name filmmaker is on this list - Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Stanley Kubrick, Francis Ford Coppola, David Fincher, Oliver Stone, Peter Jackson, Quentin Tarantino, Michael Mann, Steven Soderbergh, Tim Burton, Sam Raimi, the Wachowskis, M. Night Shyamalan, Ridley Scott, Cameron Crowe, Ang Lee, Zack Snyder, Roland Emmerich, Robert Rodriguez, Kevin Smith and many more.
Topping the list was Spielberg's "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" with Lucas' "Star Wars: Episode One - The Phantom Menace" not far behind. Both were returns almost twenty years later to franchises that were the gold standard of many who grew up in the late 70's and 80's, »
- Garth Franklin
Similar News ItemsStar Wars (1977)
- Teen Wolf season 4 episode 11 review: A Promise To The Dead (From Den of Geek. 2 September 2014, 11:54 PM, PDT)
- Directors Joe & Anthony Russo discuss Captain America: The Winter Soldier (From Cinelinx. 2 September 2014, 10:43 PM, PDT)
- Teen Wolf Review: “A Promise To The Dead” (Season 4, Episode 11) (From We Got This Covered. 2 September 2014, 9:27 PM, PDT)
- Summer Film Budgets vs. Total Worldwide Grosses (From Deadline New York. 2 September 2014, 6:51 PM, PDT)
- See Reddit users’ favorite movie from each year (From SoundOnSight. 2 September 2014, 12:56 PM, PDT)
- Arcades in Movies and Steven Spielberg’s Arcade Game Collection (From Slash Film. 2 September 2014, 11:33 AM, PDT)
Kevin Smith (I)
- Podcast: Race in Ridley Scott's 'Exodus', Celebrity Phones Hacked and Games (From Rope Of Silicon. 2 September 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Genesis Rodriguez and Stan Lee Join Kevin Smiths Yoga Hosers (From Horror Asylum. 2 September 2014)
- What The O.C.'s Seth Cohen did for geekdom (From Den of Geek. 31 August 2014, 7:22 AM, PDT)