With the exception of one ultra-buzzy political documentary, this weekend at the box office is shaping up to be an unremarkable one.
The Expendables 2 maintained the top spot on Friday, shooting up $3.9 million worth of tickets, which should lead to a $12 million weekend — a 58 percent decline from last week, when it topped the chart. By Sunday, the action film will have about $51 million total.
Last weekend’s second and third place films will maintain their rankings as well. On Friday, The Bourne Legacy grossed $2.7 million, which may lead to a $9 million frame, and ParaNorman found $2.3 million, putting it on pace for an $8.2 million weekend. »
- Grady Smith
Similar News ItemsWill Ferrell (I)
- Will Ferrell and Amy Poehler’s ‘The House’ Casts Ryan Simpkins (From Variety - Film News. 28 August 2015, 6:18 PM, PDT)
- Ryan Simpkins Joins ‘The House’ With Will Ferrell And Amy Poehler (From Deadline. 28 August 2015, 2:08 PM, PDT)
- ‘Wolf of Wall Street’ Producers Developing Horror Film (From Variety - Film News. 27 August 2015, 5:00 PM, PDT)
The Expendables 2 (2012)
- 'Wolf Warrior' Clip Has Scott Adkins Fighting an Army | Exclusive (From MovieWeb. 28 August 2015, 6:43 PM, PDT)
- First Stratton photo: Dominic Cooper in 2016 released action film (From The Hollywood News. 18 August 2015, 2:10 AM, PDT)
- Dominic Cooper replaces Henry Cavill in ‘Stratton’ (From ScreenDaily. 9 July 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)
The Bourne Legacy (2012)
- Matt Damon Reveals First Bourne 5 Details and Shooting Locations (From HeyUGuys. 28 August 2015, 1:36 PM, PDT)
- Matt Damon explains why he's returned for a "post-Snowden" Bourne 5: 'It feels like the world has changed' (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 28 August 2015, 10:25 AM, PDT)
- Matt Damon On How Recent Political Scandals Helped Shape Bourne 5 (From Cinema Blend. 28 August 2015, 10:15 AM, PDT)