The stars of Whitney Houston's final movie say the singing superstar was a "nurturing" figure to the rest of the cast.
Speaking at the Los Angeles premiere, Omari Hardwick, who plays gangster Levi in the film, said Whitney was motherly towards the younger actress.
"Whitney was a mother, aunt, sister figure, but to Jordin a mother figure," he said.
"I would say just very nurturing and patient, and she kind of helped her along in her rookie journey - I thought she did a great job."
Whitney plays the mother of three sisters trying to make their way in the music industry in the remake of the 1970s movie of the same name.
Bre'ly Evans, who »
- David Bentley
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- There's a Whole Lot to Love About Carrie Underwood (From Popsugar. 10 March 2014, 2:00 AM, PDT)
- This Week's Best Celebrity TwitPics! (From TooFab. 8 March 2014, 6:30 AM, PST)
- American Idol 2014 Judge Jennifer Lopez Helps Boyfriend Casper Smart with Career (From National Ledger. 8 March 2014, 6:19 AM, PST)
Whitney Houston (I)
- Whitney Houston -- Cop Sues Over Alleged Naked Corpse Ogling (From TMZ. 10 March 2014, 5:56 PM, PDT)
- Lindsay Lohan reality show ratings modest (From EW.com - Inside TV. 10 March 2014, 1:02 PM, PDT)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Poses in a Tiny Bikini—Take a Look! (From E! Online. 6 March 2014, 2:34 PM, PST)