Monsters Inc. was released over a decade ago in November, 2001, between Toy Story 2 and Finding Nemo. The Incredibles followed soon after. It was this run of films that made the name 'Pixar' synonymous with 'Quality'.
Cars 2 and Brave, though, haven't exactly set the world on fire. Pixar's inclusion into Disney, although way back in 2006, might arguably be diluting the product. Will Monsters University, the sequel to Monsters Inc., be a return to those great heights, or a piece of exploitation by a mouse-faced corporation?
Billy Crystal, the voice of Sully (the green, spherical man), has revealed a few plot points for the film in an interview with Entertainment Weekly.
“[Mike and Sully] end up in the same fraternity where they have this scare competition — like Greek Games in college,” says Crystal. “They have to mobilize a group, sort of like Revenge of the Nerds-monsters, and get them ready to be scary. »
- Chris Villeneuve
Similar News ItemsJohn Goodman (I)
- Podcast: Blockbuster Escapism, Marvel's Cinematic Future, Games and More (From Rope Of Silicon. 22 July 2014, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Transformers: Age of Extinction heading to $900 million worldwide (From Flickeringmyth. 20 July 2014, 9:51 AM, PDT)
- Performance capture, Serkis, movies, videogames and Apes (From Den of Geek. 17 July 2014, 4:30 AM, PDT)
- What Does David Letterman's Retirement Mean for the Future of Late Night TV? (From Moviefone. 25 July 2014, 6:00 AM, PDT)
- Best of Late Night TV: Audra McDonald Sings Yahoo! Answers, Robin Wright Dances, Conan's 'Sharktopus vs. Pteracuda' Cameo (From Moviefone. 24 July 2014, 1:40 AM, PDT)
- Billy Crystal Crashes David Letterman's Monologue With an Emmy Agenda (Video) (From The Wrap. 24 July 2014, 1:38 AM, PDT)
Cars 2 (2011)
- Review: Planes: Fire & Rescue Rescues Spin-Off Franchise (From Twitch. 17 July 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Press Tour: Cristin Milioti and Ben Feldman's instant 'A to Z' chemistry (From Hitfix. 13 July 2014, 5:13 PM, PDT)
- Weekend Report: Fourth 'Transformers' Opens to $300 Million Worldwide (From BoxOfficeMojo.com. 29 June 2014, 12:57 PM, PDT)