According to Entertainment Weekly, we are about to see a romance between Superman and Wonder Woman. According to the illustration on the site, it looks to be an “adult” relationship.
In some ways, this is genius. DC won’t have to field questions about the Larry Niven issue, since Wonder Woman is invulnerable. Although I’ve always thought Niven’s premise is flawed. There are no holes in the Kent’s farmhouse from Clark’s wet dreams or wank sessions. Or from him spitting.
And, in the current continuity, Superman and Wonder Woman are both the (mostly) sole survivors of lost civilizations. They share outsider status.
In some ways, it’s just another stunt. Look, two of our flagship characters are having sex with each other! No Lois Lane! No Steve Trevor! This is not your father’s DC Comics!
(How desperate is that, since that ad campaign was aimed »
- Martha Thomases
Similar News ItemsDC Comics [us]
- ‘Batman: The Killing Joke’ Gets Release Date (From The Wrap. 4 May 2016, 11:13 AM, PDT)
- Extended Promo For The Flash Episode Directed By Kevin Smith (From We Got This Covered. 4 May 2016, 9:54 AM, PDT)
- ‘Batman v Superman’ Won’t Be Joining $1 Billion Box Office Club (From The Wrap. 4 May 2016, 9:41 AM, PDT)
- 2014 Nebula Awards Winners (From Comicmix. 6 June 2015, 9:14 PM, PDT)
- Shovel Ready by Adam Sternbergh – review (From The Guardian - TV News. 4 February 2014, 9:50 AM, PST)
- The Wizard of Oz is Getting the Post-Apocalyptic Treatment at Syfy (From Boomtron. 23 July 2013, 6:06 PM, PDT)