Over the past several years, Curtis Jackson, aka rapper 50 Cent, has made a concerted effort to distinguish himself not only as a musician but as an actor as well. Jackson made his cinematic debut in the 2005 semi-autobiographical crime drama Get Rich or Die Tryin' before landing a supporting role opposite Academy Award–winners Robert De Niro and Al Pacino in the 2008 crime thriller Righteous Kill. Jackson's latest feature, Freelancers, pairs him again with De Niro and another Academy Award–winner, Forest Whitaker. Jackson told Hollywood Dailies that working with actors like Whitaker and De Niro keeps him wanting to raise his game as an actor.
Of course, you've got to be prepared for it. You don't want to be there with that caliber of talent and not show up performance-wise.
Freelancers sees Jackson play a crooked NYPD police officer who joins forces with his deceased father's former partner (De Niro »
- Ryan Gowland
Similar News ItemsRobert De Niro
- 'Limitless' Sequel TV Show Gets a Pilot Order at CBS (From MovieWeb. 29 January 2015, 10:07 AM, PST)
- 'Machete' Visits 'The Brady Bunch' in Super Bowl Commercial (From MovieWeb. 29 January 2015, 9:22 AM, PST)
- 5 Things to Know About Vine Star Jerome Jarre (From PEOPLE.com. 29 January 2015, 6:30 AM, PST)
- Star Wars Themed Headphones from SMS Audio (From GeekTyrant. 20 January 2015, 7:38 AM, PST)
- "Spy" Restricted Trailer (From SneakPeek. 14 January 2015, 5:09 AM, PST)
- Red & Green-Band Trailers: "Spy" (From Dark Horizons. 13 January 2015, 7:23 AM, PST)
- Fortissimo nabs Songs My Brothers Taught Me for Efm (From ScreenDaily. 30 January 2015, 11:00 AM, PST)
- Interview: Director Kevin Macdonald Gets Under His ‘Black Sea’ (From HollywoodChicago.com. 29 January 2015, 5:58 PM, PST)
- Don't call it a comeback: Michael Keaton on biding time, waiting for a 'Birdman' (From Hitfix. 29 January 2015, 11:12 AM, PST)