"Jimmy Kimmel Live," ABC's late night comedy program, will move its daily broadcast from midnight to 11:35 in January, the network announced Tuesday. This will put the comedy show in direct competition with late night heavy-hitters "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" and "Late Show with David Letterman." The New York Times was first to report the news.
Kimmel's show will move to the time slot currently occupied by "Nightline," which will go to 12:35.
The comedian told HuffPost via email, "I am excited, honored, and grateful to ABC for this strong vote of confidence, inexplicable as it may be."
Anne Sweeney, co-chair of Disney Media Networks and president of Disney/ABC Television Group, said in a statement, “Given the passionate fan base 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' has built over the past decade and the show’s ratings and creative momentum this season, the time is right to make this move. »
- The Huffington Post
Similar News ItemsConan O'Brien
- Seth Meyers Gets Pressured into Telling His First Bill Cosby Joke (From Mediaite - TV. 21 November 2014, 9:09 AM, PST)
- Natalie Dormer Reveals How She Wants Her Game of Thrones Character Margaery Tyrell to Die (From Us Weekly. 18 November 2014, 3:24 PM, PST)
- Bill Hader and Wife Maggie Carey Welcome Their Third Child—Find Out Her Adorable Name! (From E! Online. 18 November 2014, 1:09 PM, PST)
- Chloe Moretz, Chris Pratt, and more read Mean Tweets about themselves on Jimmy Kimmel (From Hitfix. 21 November 2014, 10:53 AM, PST)
- Why Ryan Gosling Has Never Been Named 'Sexiest Man Alive' (From Entertainment Tonight. 19 November 2014, 6:04 PM, PST)
- Courtney Love, Dave Grohl Bonded Over Actress' Breasts (From Rolling Stone. 19 November 2014, 11:20 AM, PST)
"The Tonight Show" (1962)
- Tom Hiddleston Will Battle It Out With King Kong (From BuzzSugar. 16 September 2014, 1:21 PM, PDT)
- Interview: Dick Cavett at Chicago Museum of Broadcast Communications (From HollywoodChicago.com. 25 June 2014, 1:24 AM, PDT)
- Comedian Steve Rossi Dies (From PEOPLE.com. 23 June 2014, 5:00 AM, PDT)