Jubilation over Jason Ritter's return to Parenthood as Sarah's fiance, Mark, was short-lived once Ray Romano was cast as a new foil for Lauren Graham's character. A woman who clearly is incapable of allowing herself to be loved.
But does the addition of this new character truly mean the end for Parenthood's May-December duo? TheInsider.com caught up with Romano before he performed at The Everybody Loves To Laugh Comedy Benefit and found out that this character is unlike anyone the Emmy winner has ever played before!
"I play a photographer named Hank," Romano told us. "The role is cool because he's a bit of a curmudgeon. [He's] divorced and a little bit cranky and cantankerous. A bitter guy. Something I haven't played yet."
Related - Is Your Favorite Show Coming Back?
According to Ray, Hank and Sarah meet when she applies for a job at his store »
Similar News Items"Parenthood" (2010)
- Trailer Watch: A Family’s Life Goes to the Dogs in Marianna Palka’s “Bitch” (From Women and Hollywood. 20 October 2017, 7:01 AM, PDT)
- Ghosted: Dax Shepard to Guest on Fox Comedy Series (From TVSeriesFinale. 19 October 2017, 8:04 PM, PDT)
- Erika Christensen Says ‘It Took a Good While’ for Nursing to ‘Click’: It Was the ‘Only Time I Actually Cried’ (From PEOPLE.com. 18 October 2017, 8:15 AM, PDT)
Lauren Graham (I)
- Gilmore Girls: This Is (Probably) Why Netflix Is So Eager for a Second Revival (From TVLine.com. 17 October 2017, 6:09 PM, PDT)
- Interior Designer Eric Hughes Reveals the Celeb Client Who Wanted an ‘Over-the-Top, Studio 54 Powder Room’ (From PEOPLE.com. 17 October 2017, 10:40 AM, PDT)
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Sets Amazon Premiere Date — Watch Trailer (From TVLine.com. 10 October 2017, 5:45 AM, PDT)
Ray Romano (I)
- Everybody Loves Raymond: A Revival? Brad Garrett Says... (From TVSeriesFinale. 18 October 2017, 8:39 PM, PDT)
- 10 Oscar Underdogs Who Stand the Best Chance at Gold (From Thompson on Hollywood. 16 October 2017, 4:19 PM, PDT)
- 10 Oscar Underdogs Who Stand the Best Chance at Gold (From Indiewire. 16 October 2017, 4:19 PM, PDT)