Turner Classic Movies' Summer Under the Stars showcases many renowned actors, and this time, part of it belongs to Eva Marie Saint.
Each August, the channel presents its festival that devotes a full day to the work of a given performer, and the actress who earned an Oscar for her movie debut opposite Marlon Brando in "On the Waterfront" gets her turn Sunday, Aug. 19.
Weekend daytime host Ben Mankiewicz -- who has appeared with Saint at TCM-sponsored showings of "North by Northwest" in recent months -- will comment on the afternoon attractions, while Robert Osborne introduces the evening features.
"I've been doing some things for TCM, and it's been terrific," Saint tells Zap2it. "All the people involved are so good, and I'm so pleased about this [tribute]. You don't sit home every day looking at your resume, but even I was a little impressed by this list. All of the films stand on their own, »
Similar News ItemsSuperman Returns (2006)
- Brandon Routh's Superman: Flyby Screen Test (From ComicBookMovie. 31 January 2015, 8:25 AM, PST)
- True Blood's Mehcad Brooks to play Jimmy Olsen in CBS' Supergirl series (From JoBlo. 29 January 2015, 1:35 AM, PST)
- Supergirl: Mehcad Brooks joins as James 'Jimmy' Olsen (From Den of Geek. 29 January 2015, 1:34 AM, PST)
- Johnny Depp and Amber Heard Are Getting Married Next Weekend! (From PEOPLE.com. 31 January 2015, 6:20 AM, PST)
- Sundance Film Review: ‘Listen to Me Marlon’ (From Variety - Film News. 31 January 2015, 1:59 AM, PST)
- Sundance Film Review: ‘Brooklyn’ (From Variety - Film News. 30 January 2015, 10:00 AM, PST)
Warren Beatty (I)
- 37 Movies That Share Their Name With A Michael Jackson Song (From GeekTyrant. 30 January 2015, 4:23 PM, PST)
- “You’ve Lost That Loving Feeling”: Top Ten Tragic Lovers in the Movies (From SoundOnSight. 26 January 2015, 10:41 PM, PST)
- The Great Digital Film Festival presents the Detective Movie Quiz (From Cineplex. 26 January 2015, 7:30 AM, PST)