Anyone who has seen the Emmy-winning short film Take This Lollipop knows what an absolutely unique and downright chilling piece of interactive filmmaking it is. We knew it wouldn't be long until word of a sequel broke.
According to CNN, filmmaker/creator Jason Zada hopes to launch Take This Lollipop 2 by Halloween. "The people were such a huge part of making the first one so successful -- there was really nothing else that made it successful other than people talking about it and people writing about it," said Zada.
"We want to take it a step further," Zada continued. "We think there's an interesting story we're developing that, if you spoiled some of the details, would spoil some of the experience."
"It changed my career," said star Bill Oberst, Jr. "I'm doing feature after feature. I'm doing four in a row right now, and that's all because of the reaction to 'Lollipop'. »
- Uncle Creepy
Similar News ItemsBill Oberst Jr.
- There's a Werewolf Rising on UK DVD in September (From Dread Central. 29 July 2014, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- Ditch Day Massacre Only Has One Card Up Its Sleeve: A Movie Review (From 28 Days Later Analysis. 19 July 2014, 2:23 PM, PDT)
- A Werewolf Rises in October (From Dread Central. 11 July 2014, 10:00 AM, PDT)
Take This Lollipop (2011)
- David Goyer’s ‘The Forest’ Gets North American Distribution (From Variety - Film News. 23 May 2014, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- Focus treks into The Forest (From ScreenDaily. 22 May 2014, 3:40 PM, PDT)
- David S. Goyer Taking Us into The Forest (From Dread Central. 22 May 2014, 1:43 PM, PDT)
- Lava Bear promotes duo (From ScreenDaily. 10 June 2014, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- The Gunman Reveals New Image and Sets a February 20, 2015 Release Date; Focus Features Sets Release Date for The Forest; Lucy Moves Up a Few Weeks (From Collider.com. 23 May 2014, 2:09 PM, PDT)
- Details on David Goyer's Supernatural Thriller The Forest (From GeekTyrant. 23 May 2014, 11:30 AM, PDT)