Avengers, assemble…in three years!
Walt Disney Studios announced on Thursday that the untitled sequel to The Avengers, the third-highest grossing movie of all time, will arrive in theaters on Fri., May 1, 2015. As the studio announced last week, Joss Whedon will return to write and direct the project as part of an exclusive three-year film and television deal with Marvel.
The announcement rounds out the next five films in Marvel’s “Phase Two” slate: Iron Man 3 is set for May 3, 2013; Thor: The Dark World for Nov. 8, 2013; Captain America: The Winter Soldier for April 4, 2014; and Guardians of the Galaxy for Aug. »
- Adam B. Vary
Similar News ItemsThe Avengers (2012)
- Infinity War and Avengers 4 Begin Shooting This Week (From MovieWeb. 22 January 2017, 1:05 PM, PST)
- The Week in Spandex – Logan, Deadpool 2, Avengers: Infinity War, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Wonder Woman, Justice League, Black Adam, Hellboy 3 and more (From Flickeringmyth. 21 January 2017, 9:00 AM, PST)
- Chris Hemsworth Sinks Insane Basketball Shot, Calls It the ‘Greatest Day of My Life’ (From Entertainment Tonight. 20 January 2017, 5:15 AM, PST)
- Here’s Who’s Singing In That Flash & Supergirl Musical Crossover Episode (From LRM Online. 20 January 2017, 3:17 PM, PST)
- Lena Dunham Reveals What It’s Like Living with Endometriosis in Latest Podcast Episode (From PEOPLE.com. 19 January 2017, 8:36 PM, PST)
- Marvel’S The Defenders: Showrunner On Uniting The Four With A “Street-Level Crisis” (Photos) (From LRM Online. 13 January 2017, 2:40 PM, PST)
Iron Man 3 (2013)
- Sterling K. Brown joins Shane Black’s The Predator (From Flickeringmyth. 20 January 2017, 11:20 AM, PST)
- In memoriam: Miguel Ferrer (From Den of Geek. 20 January 2017, 1:58 AM, PST)
- Miguel Ferrer: 7 Things to Know About the Late Actor (From PEOPLE.com. 19 January 2017, 3:08 PM, PST)