Avengers, assemble…in three years!
Walt Disney Studios announced on Thursday that the untitled sequel to The Avengers, the third-highest grossing movie of all time, will arrive in theaters on Fri., May 1, 2015. As the studio announced last week, Joss Whedon will return to write and direct the project as part of an exclusive three-year film and television deal with Marvel.
The announcement rounds out the next five films in Marvel’s “Phase Two” slate: Iron Man 3 is set for May 3, 2013; Thor: The Dark World for Nov. 8, 2013; Captain America: The Winter Soldier for April 4, 2014; and Guardians of the Galaxy for Aug. »
- Adam B. Vary
Similar News ItemsThe Avengers (2012)
- Halfway Mark: The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly (So Far) (From FilmExperience. 28 June 2016, 4:38 PM, PDT)
- Hawkeye Finally Gets A Mask In More Captain America: Civil War Concept Art (From ComicBookMovie. 28 June 2016, 3:03 PM, PDT)
- It's Official! Chris Evans and Jenny Slate Step Out for the First Time as a Couple (From PEOPLE.com. 25 June 2016, 3:15 PM, PDT)
- Jessica Jones' creator on the biggest change from comics to her Netflix show (From Hitfix. 29 June 2016, 7:04 AM, PDT)
- Report: Suicide Squad Runtime Clocks In At 130 Minutes (From We Got This Covered. 27 June 2016, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Why Doesn’t the McU Acknowledge any Marvel Small Screen Series? (From Cinelinx. 25 June 2016, 9:01 PM, PDT)
Iron Man 3 (2013)
- What Scarlet Witch and Hawkeye Almost Looked Like in Civil War (From MovieWeb. 28 June 2016, 4:08 PM, PDT)
- Evil Goes Viral! The Levenger Tapes Arrives On DVD July 5 (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 27 June 2016, 8:05 PM, PDT)
- Win A Family Four-Pack Of Passes To The Advance Screening Of The Bfg In St. Louis (From WeAreMovieGeeks.com. 21 June 2016, 7:58 AM, PDT)