Reality TV show averages 12.9% audience share on Channel 5, double the network's 9pm ratings in the past three months
Celebrity Big Brother began its third series on Channel 5 in the past year with 2.7 million viewers on Wednesday night.
The long-running reality TV format averaged a 12.9% audience share on Channel 5 over two hours from 9pm, double the network's ratings in the slot in the past three months.
Celebrity Big Brother made its Channel 5 debut with 5.1 million viewers and a 21.9% share in August 2011, while the second series launched with 3.5 million and 15.9% in January.
Wednesday night's 9pm competition included the launch of the ninth series of Who Do You Think You Are? on BBC1 featuring Samantha Womack (4.7 million/20.1%), BBC2's Vexed (1.2 million/5%, including 74,000 on BBC HD), ITV1's live coverage of England's 2-1 friendly win over Italy (7.30pm-10.10pm: 4.1 million/18.5%) and Channel 4's 24 Hours in A&E (2.4 million/10.1%).
Following the CBB launch, Celebrity Big Brother »
- Jason Deans
Similar News ItemsChannel 4 [gb]
- Keshet Studios Eyes ‘Thank You for Smoking’ TV Adaptation as L.A. Scripted Arm Hits High Gear (From Variety - TV News. 23 March 2017, 11:37 AM, PDT)
- TV show contestants spend year in wilderness – with no one watching (From The Guardian - TV News. 23 March 2017, 9:26 AM, PDT)
- Malaysia Fines Human Rights Activist Lena Hendry for Documentary Screening (From Variety - Film News. 23 March 2017, 6:14 AM, PDT)
"Celebrity Big Brother" (2001)
- Horror Highlights: The Dark Tower Vinimates, Paranormal Lockdown, Capture Kill Release, Injustice 2, Little Nightmares, The Tombs (From DailyDead. 17 February 2017, 7:22 AM, PST)
- ‘Big Brother Canada’ Season 5 Premieres Next Month! (From ET Canada. 15 February 2017, 6:05 AM, PST)
- A reality TV show from Trump’s White House? Don’t count on it | Andrew Smith (From The Guardian - TV News. 12 February 2017, 9:07 AM, PST)
Peter Andre (I)
- 12 (sort of) memorable soap star singles (From Den of Geek. 7 August 2016, 7:08 AM, PDT)
- Katie Price to co-host Loose Women with Peter Andre? (From Virgin Media - TV. 22 February 2016, 8:00 AM, PST)
- Peter Andre watches EastEnders since meeting Kellie Bright (From Virgin Media - TV. 25 January 2016, 12:00 AM, PST)