Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Released: 14th August, 2012
Considering their last album, 2011’s When You’re Through Thinking, Say Yes, only dropped eighteen months before this new record, many people would expect Yellowcard to sound very pedestrian on Southern Air. Assuming they wanted to milk the critical and fanatical success of an album that was a shot in the arm for the pop-rock scene with minimal effort.
Well, nothing could be further from the truth as this ten-track opus begins with a racing pulse that would suggest work akin to Usain Bolt’s recent exploits. Awakening blows the cobwebs out with a frantic pace, some palm-muted riffing and Sean Mackin’s expertly complimentary violin playing.
Singer and guitarist Ryan Key credits this energy, and incredible productivity, to his reconnection with his roots during the band’s well documented two-year hiatus. The opener is a four-minute disownment of the west-coast »
- Kierran Jamieson
Similar News ItemsFall Out Boy
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: Taylor Swift Wishes (From EW.com - PopWatch. 10 December 2013, 10:14 PM, PST)
- 'Victoria's Secret Fashion Show': Miley Cyrus strikes again and she wasn't even there (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 10 December 2013, 9:00 PM, PST)
- Taylor Swift Flies With the Vs Angels - but Was She a Good Fit? (From Popsugar. 10 December 2013, 8:00 PM, PST)
- TMZ Sports: Florida State Qb Jameis Winston -- Alleged Victim Claims Cops Tried to Silence Her (From TMZ. 20 November 2013, 1:35 PM, PST)
- The Voice Recap: Sleepy. Hollow. [Updated] (From TVLine.com. 18 November 2013, 8:49 PM, PST)
- ‘The Voice’ Recap: Matthew Schuler Dominates Top 10 Night (From HollywoodLife. 18 November 2013, 8:11 PM, PST)
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Pics: Austin Mahone, SpongeBob & More (From HollywoodLife. 28 November 2013, 9:15 AM, PST)
- Whoopi Goldberg on The Queen Latifah Show - Nov. 25 (Videos) (From Monsters and Critics. 25 November 2013, 9:03 AM, PST)
- New Fall Out Boy music video: 'Alone Together' continues the band's escape attempts (From Pop2it. 3 July 2013, 4:10 PM, PDT)