Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Released: 14th August, 2012
Considering their last album, 2011’s When You’re Through Thinking, Say Yes, only dropped eighteen months before this new record, many people would expect Yellowcard to sound very pedestrian on Southern Air. Assuming they wanted to milk the critical and fanatical success of an album that was a shot in the arm for the pop-rock scene with minimal effort.
Well, nothing could be further from the truth as this ten-track opus begins with a racing pulse that would suggest work akin to Usain Bolt’s recent exploits. Awakening blows the cobwebs out with a frantic pace, some palm-muted riffing and Sean Mackin’s expertly complimentary violin playing.
Singer and guitarist Ryan Key credits this energy, and incredible productivity, to his reconnection with his roots during the band’s well documented two-year hiatus. The opener is a four-minute disownment of the west-coast »
- Kierran Jamieson
Similar News ItemsFall Out Boy
- The MTV Video Music Awards Nominations Still Skimp On Electronic (From We Got This Covered. 27 July 2016, 10:03 AM, PDT)
- MTV Vma Nominees: Beyoncé, Kanye West and Xavier Dolan Score Big (From Indiewire Television. 26 July 2016, 3:31 PM, PDT)
- MTV Vma Nominees: Beyoncé, Kanye West and Xavier Dolan Score Big (From Indiewire. 26 July 2016, 3:31 PM, PDT)
- ‘Stranger Things’ Tests Limits of Netflix’s Nostalgia Strategy (From Variety - TV News. 25 July 2016, 4:15 PM, PDT)
- Comic-Con: Luc Besson wows with 'Valerian' footage (From ScreenDaily. 21 July 2016, 4:54 PM, PDT)
- Comic Con 2016: Luc Besson’s ‘Valerian’ Footage Teases ‘Star Wars’-Level Ambition and ‘Fifth Element’ Fun (From Indiewire. 21 July 2016, 3:29 PM, PDT)
- Fall Out Boy and Missy Elliott's Ghostbusters Theme Song Is "Not Afraid" to Try Something New (From E! Online. 23 June 2016, 7:45 AM, PDT)
- ‘Big Bang Theory’ Stars to Guest on Disney Xd’s ‘Star vs. the Forces of Evil’ (From Variety - TV News. 26 May 2016, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Elton John -- Bringin' Out The Young Guns In L.A. (Video) (From TMZ. 14 January 2016, 8:45 AM, PST)