Actor Ron Palillo has passed away suddenly at the age of 63. He died at his Florida home early this morning, according to his friend Stacy Sacco. Jacqueline Stander, an agent for Palillo, told NBC that the actor had a heart attack and passed away in his sleep.
He was best known for playing "Sweathog" Arnold Dingfelder Horshak on the hit TV series Welcome Back, Kotter. The show aired from 1975-79 on ABC and featured a young John Travolta as well as Gabe Kaplan, Marcia Strassman, John Sylvester White, Robert Hegyes, Lawrence-Hilton Jacobs, Melonie Haller, and Stephen Shortridge.
Patillo had other supporting TV roles over the years and provided voices in various animated TV series like Laverne and Shirley in the Army and Darkwing Duck. He also had starring roles in musical productions like Amadeus, Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf? and Guys and Dolls. »
Similar News ItemsJohn Travolta
- The pick of his big screen roles - in clips (From The Guardian - Film News. 20 June 2013, 3:54 AM, PDT)
- What to TiVo: Thursday (From BuzzSugar. 19 June 2013, 11:59 PM, PDT)
- James Gandolfini: 9 other great roles for 'The Sopranos' star (From Pop2it. 19 June 2013, 11:26 PM, PDT)
- Chrissy Amphlett: Divinyls Singer Dead At 53 (From HollywoodLife. 22 April 2013, 8:37 AM, PDT)
- Allen Neuharth Dies: Founder Of USA Today Dead At 89 (From HollywoodLife. 20 April 2013, 8:25 AM, PDT)
- Harry Reems: ‘Deep Throat’ Porn Actor Dead At 65 (From HollywoodLife. 21 March 2013, 6:12 AM, PDT)
- 'Argo' and 'Abbey' Upset Competition at SAG Awards (From Entertainment Tonight. 27 January 2013, 7:07 PM, PST)
- Whitney Houston, Jennie Rivera and more of 2012's Gone but Not Forgotten (From Zap2It - From Inside the Box. 31 December 2012, 11:00 AM, PST)
- 'Modern Family' & 'Homeland' Top Primetime Emmys (From Entertainment Tonight. 23 September 2012, 8:30 PM, PDT)