Actor Ron Palillo has passed away suddenly at the age of 63. He died at his Florida home early this morning, according to his friend Stacy Sacco. Jacqueline Stander, an agent for Palillo, told NBC that the actor had a heart attack and passed away in his sleep.
He was best known for playing "Sweathog" Arnold Dingfelder Horshak on the hit TV series Welcome Back, Kotter. The show aired from 1975-79 on ABC and featured a young John Travolta as well as Gabe Kaplan, Marcia Strassman, John Sylvester White, Robert Hegyes, Lawrence-Hilton Jacobs, Melonie Haller, and Stephen Shortridge.
Patillo had other supporting TV roles over the years and provided voices in various animated TV series like Laverne and Shirley in the Army and Darkwing Duck. He also had starring roles in musical productions like Amadeus, Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolf? and Guys and Dolls. »
Similar News ItemsJohn Travolta (I)
- TVLine Items: Astronaut Wife to Fox, Miss America Adds Co-Host & More (From TVLine.com. 28 August 2015, 11:26 AM, PDT)
- ‘Urban Cowboy’ Fox Pilot Casts ‘The Voice’s Bryana Salaz As Series Regular (From Deadline TV. 27 August 2015, 6:54 PM, PDT)
- ‘Galaxy Quest’ TV Series Takes Flight at Amazon (From Variety - TV News. 27 August 2015, 8:52 AM, PDT)
- Chrissy Amphlett: Divinyls Singer Dead At 53 (From HollywoodLife. 22 April 2013, 8:37 AM, PDT)
- Allen Neuharth Dies: Founder Of USA Today Dead At 89 (From HollywoodLife. 20 April 2013, 8:25 AM, PDT)
- Harry Reems: ‘Deep Throat’ Porn Actor Dead At 65 (From HollywoodLife. 21 March 2013, 6:12 AM, PDT)
- Hellgate Blu-Ray Review (From The Hollywood News. 3 February 2014, 2:00 AM, PST)
- ‘Hellgate’ Blu-ray Review (Arrow Video) (From Blogomatic3000. 3 February 2014, 1:18 AM, PST)
- 'Visions Evilutions' Executive Producer Andre Roberson, Writer/Director Sergio Candido Guest on MoreHorror in Hollywood (From MoreHorror. 11 July 2013, 8:38 PM, PDT)