This article originally appeared in If Magazine #139 (Feb-March 2011).
Ask Nicholas Meyer what work he.s most proud of in his long and successful career in Hollywood and he won.t start talking about reviving the Star Trek franchise. He won.t mention Oscar or Emmy nominations or even his best-selling novel The Seven Per Cent Solution. Meyer will tell you about a TV movie he directed which inspired a Us President not to go to nuclear war.
When it aired in the Us, The Day After was the most watched TV film in history and went on to score 12 Emmy nominations. The movie reveals the potential impact of a nuclear strike on a small American town. Meyer doesn.t think it was a great film but he finds its influence rewarding.
.Sources. confirm that Ronald Reagan came to power believing in the idea of a winnable nuclear war, and it »
- Rachael Gavin
Similar News ItemsJohnny Depp
- Oscar-Nominated Film Series: First 'Pirates of the Caribbean' One of Most Enjoyable Summer Blockbusters of Early 21st Century (From Alt Film Guide. 29 June 2015, 4:13 PM, PDT)
- J.C. Chandor in Talks to Direct Paramount Thriller ‘Triple Frontier’ (From Variety - Film News. 29 June 2015, 2:09 PM, PDT)
- J.C. Chandor Circling Former Kathryn Bigelow Drama Triple Frontier (From Collider.com. 29 June 2015, 10:32 AM, PDT)
Star Trek (2009)
- Justin Lin Has a New Star Trek Title and Picture for You (From Vulture. 30 June 2015, 12:59 AM, PDT)
- Justin Lin Goes Beyond Search For Spock With ‘Star Trek 3′ Title Reveal (From Deadline. 29 June 2015, 10:49 PM, PDT)
- ‘Star Trek 3’ Director Justin Lin Reveals New Title, Starfleet Uniform First Look (Photo) (From The Wrap. 29 June 2015, 10:03 PM, PDT)
- See Julia Roberts at Her Frumpiest in ‘Secret in Their Eyes’ (Photos) (From The Wrap. 29 June 2015, 5:23 PM, PDT)
- New First Look Photos: ‘Secret In Their Eyes’ With Chiwetel Ejiofor, Nicole Kidman & Julia Roberts (From The Playlist. 29 June 2015, 4:42 PM, PDT)
- Good returns for mini-festival releases (From IF.com.au. 28 June 2015, 3:48 PM, PDT)