Catch up with the last seven days in the world of film
Pardon the intensely laboured Bond-pun in the headline. The reason: Sky TV is soon to be the only place you'll be able to catch Bond films on television, for the next year at least. BSkyB this week announced plans to launch Sky Movies 007, an entire HD channel dedicated to the Bond canon – having already bought the TV rights to the Bond back catalogue.
Discussing the move, our own Stuart Heritage noted: "If it treats the films anything like it treats Formula One – the world's dullest sport – then the films will be shown ad-free in blazing HD, supported by reverential interviews and featurettes that will only enhance the viewing experience. It'll be the best possible way there is to watch James Bond."
However, opinions among the Guardian's readers have been far from uniformly positive:
So *every »
Similar News ItemsJennifer Lawrence (III)
- Exclusive: Chris Pratt Talks ‘Sexy’ Cameo on Wife Anna Faris’ Show ‘Mom’: ‘We’ve Been Rehearsing for 10 Years’ (From Entertainment Tonight. 16 January 2017, 4:10 PM, PST)
- Passengers Beats Rogue One at the Chinese Box Office (From MovieWeb. 16 January 2017, 9:57 AM, PST)
- Kim Kardashian's Terrifying Robbery: A Timeline (From Popsugar. 15 January 2017, 2:23 PM, PST)
Tom Hardy (I)
- Tom Hardy on Whether or Not He’s in Contention to Play James Bond: ‘If I Mention It, It’s Gone’ (From Indiewire. 16 January 2017, 2:09 PM, PST)
- Tom Hardy Wants to Play James Bond for Director Christopher Nolan (From MovieWeb. 16 January 2017, 1:32 PM, PST)
- ‘Taboo’ Premiere Draws 3.4M Viewers In L+3 For FX (From Deadline TV. 16 January 2017, 12:32 PM, PST)
- Could This Be The End Of Hollywood’s Pay Imbalance? (From Flickeringmyth. 15 January 2017, 1:45 AM, PST)
- Early Infinity War Shoot Will Use a Cumberbatch Stand-In (From MovieWeb. 14 January 2017, 9:47 AM, PST)
- Between Tentpole Commitments, Jeremy Renner Builds His Producing Portfolio With John Lee Hancock’s ‘The Founder’ (From Deadline. 12 January 2017, 12:20 PM, PST)