So we’re going to make a Judd Apatow movie. Let’s assemble the elements:
1. Heterosexual couple in their thirties or forties.
2. Life changing event.
3. Male partner of the couple has a quirky passion or interest.
4. Male partner also has immature/crazy best friend(s).
5. “Edgy” pot references.
6. Revelatory happy ending.
Done! And it’s So Easy, Too!
In addition to the by-the-numbers approach always taken by Apatow (he should really write an Apatow “how to” screenplay book), frequent star Paul Rudd plays the Exact Same Character Every Time. It’s almost impossible to believe that Rudd is one of the top comedians in films today given that, as an actor, he has approximate range of Hayden Christensen on Ritalin. He’s likeable, of course, but his main quality as an actor is his generic “everyman” quality. Rudd stretched the farthest in Anchorman, but most of that had to do with his outfits. »
- Ray DeRousse
Similar News ItemsPaul Rudd (I)
- New Avengers: Infinity War Logo Unveiled (From MovieWeb. 18 February 2017, 1:10 PM, PST)
- How Doctor Strange Connects to Ant-Man (From MovieWeb. 15 February 2017, 10:38 AM, PST)
- Thanos' Big Plan Revealed In Avengers: Infinity War (From MovieWeb. 14 February 2017, 3:10 PM, PST)
- Judd Apatow: Kanye West Summoned Me to Talk About His Jacket (From The Wrap. 20 February 2017, 5:56 PM, PST)
- Girls: Judd Apatow Talks About Ending the HBO Series (From TVSeriesFinale. 20 February 2017, 3:41 PM, PST)
- Jordan Peele’s Second Act: How the ‘Key & Peele’ Comedy Star Became a Bonafide Horror Director With ‘Get Out’ (From Indiewire. 20 February 2017, 3:35 PM, PST)
Leslie Mann (I)
- When Are the 2017 Oscars? Plus, Everything Else You Need to Know About the Show (From BuzzSugar. 17 February 2017, 10:25 AM, PST)
- Emma Stone, Amy Adams, Dwayne Johnson and More Join Slate of 2017 Oscar Presenters (From Entertainment Tonight. 16 February 2017, 9:45 AM, PST)
- Oscars: Amy Adams, Dwayne Johnson Join New Crop of Presenters (From The Wrap. 16 February 2017, 8:02 AM, PST)