BSkyB gets licence to air all 007 films in high definition from October after it pipped ITV to one-year deal
The name's Movies. Sky Movies. Licence to show quite a lot of James Bond movies.
All of them, in fact, after BSkyB announced on Tuesday it was launching an entire high definition channel dedicated to the Bond canon called Sky Movies 007. No, that's not where it will be on the Epg.
Sky bought the rights to the Bond back catalogue in a deal with MGM in April this year, bringing to an end ITV's almost 40-year hold on the franchise. For a period, at least.
The high definition channel, which will launch on 5 October and be on air for a month, is timed to coincide with the 50th anniversary of the first Bond film, Dr No, and the release of the latest, Skyfall, starring Daniel Craig and directed by Sam Mendes. »
- John Plunkett
Similar News ItemsDaniel Craig (I)
- How 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Is Building a Bigger, Better James Bond (From Entertainment Tonight. 22 September 2017, 2:55 PM, PDT)
- Daniel Craig Reportedly Wants Denis Villeneuve To Direct Next James Bond (From The Playlist. 22 September 2017, 6:23 AM, PDT)
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle review – spy sequel reaches new heights of skyscraping silliness (From The Guardian - Film News. 18 September 2017, 6:04 PM, PDT)
- Whoever Approved the Sean Spicer Skit at the Emmys Should Be F*cking Ashamed (From BuzzSugar. 23 September 2017, 9:30 AM, PDT)
- The 1970s – The Best Era In Cinema History? (From Flickeringmyth. 23 September 2017, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- Gael García Bernal and Diego Luna Ask for Help on Behalf of Mexico — Watch (From Indiewire. 22 September 2017, 3:33 PM, PDT)
- Daniel Craig reportedly wants Denis Villeneuve to direct Bond 25 (From Flickeringmyth. 24 September 2017, 1:44 AM, PDT)
- Lara Croft Returns in Official Trailer for New Tomb Raider Movie (From DailyDead. 19 September 2017, 10:57 PM, PDT)
- One More Trailer for Alien Invasion Thriller 'Revolt' Starring Lee Pace (From FirstShowing.net. 19 September 2017, 2:17 PM, PDT)