At Friday's Television Critics Association press tour, Brent Zacky, the Senior Vice President of Original Programming and Development at Logo, announced their new series "The Baby Wait." The story chronicles the 30 days when a biological mother in Connecticut is legally allowed to change her mind about an adoption.
The stories featured in the reality show are not focused only on gay couples, though the first episode does. "Gay remains firmly entrenched in the programming of logo and all the things that we do," Zacky says, but he implores that where the network initially told stories about gay people, they're now looking to tell broader stories that gay people and their allies can relate to.
In the first episode of "The Baby Wait," we meet Genavieve Diggs, a teenage birth mother in Connecticut whose daughter Morgan is adopted by parents Mark Krieger and Paul Siebold. Executive producer Liz Gateley says that »
Similar News ItemsTony DiSanto
- Teen Wolf Season 5 Part 2 Arrives October 18 (From Comicmix. 4 August 2016, 1:53 PM, PDT)
- Comic-Con 2016: MTV Announces that Teen Wolf Will Conclude with Sixth Season (From DailyDead. 21 July 2016, 5:54 PM, PDT)
- ‘Teen Wolf’ Ending After Season 6; MTV Unveils New Trailer at Comic-Con (From Variety - TV News. 21 July 2016, 4:42 PM, PDT)
- Idina Menzel Talks ‘Beaches’ Soundtrack, Tackling Bette Midler Role On Lifetime – TCA (From Deadline TV. 13 January 2017, 1:15 PM, PST)
- MTV Renews ‘Scream’ for Season 3, Showrunners To Be Replaced (From Variety - TV News. 14 October 2016, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- ‘Mary Kills People’: Lifetime Picks Up Euthanasia Dramedy Starring Caroline Dhavernas (From Indiewire. 13 October 2016, 4:54 PM, PDT)
- Finding Prince Charming: Logo Reveals Gay Bachelor and Suitors (From TVSeriesFinale. 31 August 2016, 1:43 PM, PDT)
- Fire Island: Logo Orders Docu-Series from Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos (From TVSeriesFinale. 21 July 2016, 2:59 PM, PDT)
- RuPaul's Drag Race: Season Nine Renewal for Logo Series (From TVSeriesFinale. 20 July 2016, 8:44 PM, PDT)