Chicago -- Get ready to dance, Lollapalooza fans.
This year's three-day, sold-out mega-festival that starts Friday on Chicago's lakefront will have well-known headliners like The Red Hot Chili Peppers and The Black Keys, but it also will have a special focus on dance music. Two electronic heavyweights, Avicii and Justice, will play main stage shows this year.
Swedish DJ-producer Tim Bergling, who performs as Avicii, sees his Lollapalooza performance as an example of dance music's growing popularity.
"It's just been blowing up so rapidly," Bergling said. "It's really interesting to see the bigger festivals getting into it now and recognizing the genre."
"It's not just alternative rock that's happening," Farrell said in April when the lineup was announced. "You've got Avicii headlining this thing »
Similar News Items"American Idol" (2002)
- Keith Urban Kicks Off New Tour at Good Morning America (watch!) (From TheImproper.com. 11 July 2014, 11:10 AM, PDT)
- Carrie Underwood Forgets Husband Mike Fisher's Twitter Handle on Fourth Wedding Anniversary (From Us Weekly. 11 July 2014, 2:24 AM, PDT)
- Dave Grohl Takes Dig at ‘Song Contests’ During HBO's ‘Sonic Highways’ Panel (From The Wrap. 10 July 2014, 5:13 PM, PDT)
- Dr. Dre -- I'm Losing Billions to Fake Beats from China (From TMZ. 10 July 2014, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- Andy Cohen Dishes on Five Years of Watch What Happens Live (From TVGuide - Breaking News. 10 July 2014, 4:01 AM, PDT)
- Lady Gaga Does Her Best American Girl Doll Impression—See the "Elegant" Look! (From E! Online. 9 July 2014)
- Jenny McCarthy's Laid-Back Wedding Plans: I Could Get Married in a KFC (From PEOPLE.com. 13 July 2014, 8:30 AM, PDT)
- There goes all your free time: 'South Park' to stream exclusively on Hulu (From Hitfix. 12 July 2014, 3:45 PM, PDT)
- Fighting Words! 10 Super-Shady Superstar Disses (From VH1.com. 11 July 2014, 9:01 PM, PDT)