With the success Gearbox saw with their first Pandora loot-fest in the original Borderlands, it's no surprise that fans of the series are as eager as ever to get their hands on Borderlands 2. So eager, in fact, that Take-Two recently revealed that Borderlands 2 is their third most pre-ordered title ever.
"The outlook for our slate of upcoming releases is stronger than ever," CEO Strauss Zelnick told investors during Take 2's Q1 2013 earnings call. "Early consumer enthusiasm suggests robust demand for our extraordinary lineup of upcoming releases, particularly Borderlands 2, NBA 2K13 and BioShock Infinite. We continue to expect fiscal 2013 to be one of the best years in Take-Two's history."
Further discussing Borderlands 2, Zelnick added that "pre-orders are currently the third highest of any title in Take-Two's history, behind only Grand Theft Auto 4 and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas."
Saying Borderlands 2 has the potential to out-do GTA 4 and San Andreas in »
- Don Hatfield
Similar News Itemstt1230526
- New Bioshock Infinite Trailer ‘False Sheppard’ Is All About The Hands (From Obsessed with Film. 14 March 2013, 8:37 AM, PDT)
- Ken Levine Explains Pulling The Plug On The Bioshock Movie (From We Got This Covered. 13 March 2013, 3:14 PM, PDT)
- Did 'Watchmen' Kill The 'BioShock' Movie? (From MTV Movies Blog. 13 March 2013, 2:30 PM, PDT)
- Singapore's mm2 unveils trio of new titles (From ScreenDaily. 14 March 2016, 3:00 PM, PDT)
- SAG Health Plan Changes Prompt Protest From Patricia Richardson, Frances Fisher (From Variety - Film News. 27 October 2015, 6:23 PM, PDT)
- Stanley Nelson on His Mission as a Filmmaker & Receiving the Hamptons Take 2 Career Achievement Award (From Sydney's Buzz. 21 September 2015, 6:30 AM, PDT)
- Take-Two shifts 'BioShock 2' release date (From Digital Spy - Movie News. 14 July 2009, 10:16 AM, PDT)
- Take-Two posts Q2 losses (From The Hollywood Reporter. 26 May 2009, 1:00 PM, PDT)
- EA and Take-Two play nice (From The Hollywood Reporter. 18 August 2008, 1:00 PM, PDT)