Comedian Ricky Gervais has helped give an unlikely career to his round-headed buffoon of a friend, Karl Pilkington. Thanks to The Ricky Gervais Show and An Idiot Abroad, the comedy gold that comes from the British eccentric is just too good to pass up – which is probably why Gervais is sticking with Pilkington for yet another Web series.
Remember that The Ricky Gervais Show started as a comedy podcast and then became the HBO animated series (which just concluded its third and final season last month); however, this new series, titled Learn English with Ricky Gervais, comes packaged like an average TV show, and Gervais says the pilot is done, and hopefully will be made available for download very soon.
Gervais announced the project on his own blog and said:
“We hope to have it subtitled into as many languages as possible.
I’m going ...
Click to continue reading Ricky Gervais Announces ‘Learn English, »
- Ethan Anderton
Similar News ItemsRicky Gervais
- James Marsden, Rosario Dawson join Bron’s ‘Henchmen’ (From ScreenDaily. 29 May 2015, 10:00 AM, PDT)
- Benjamin Bratt Joins Bold Films’ ‘Shot Caller’ & Netflix’s ‘Special Correspondent’ (From Deadline. 27 May 2015, 9:00 AM, PDT)
- Comic-Con 2015: Doctor Who Hall H Panel to Feature Peter Capaldi, Jenna Coleman, and More (From DailyDead. 27 May 2015, 8:01 AM, PDT)
"The Ricky Gervais Show" (2010)
- HBO Orders Two Seasons of Duplass Brothers' Animated Series 'Animals' Following Sundance Debut (From Indiewire Television. 29 May 2015, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- HBO Orders Two Seasons of Duplass Brothers' Animated Series 'Animals' Following Sundance Debut (From Indiewire. 29 May 2015, 12:15 PM, PDT)
- Blu-ray, DVD Release: Muppets Most Wanted (From Disc Dish. 16 May 2014, 1:02 PM, PDT)
- Karl Pilkington is back for more Moaning of Life this autumn (From Digital Spy - TV news. 15 May 2015, 7:43 AM, PDT)
- 7 New Netflix Shows to Binge Watch in April 2015 (And the Best Episodes of Each) (From Indiewire. 28 March 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)
- 7 New Netflix Shows to Binge Watch in April 2015 (And the Best Episodes of Each) (From Indiewire Television. 28 March 2015, 8:00 AM, PDT)